Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Please do a test first. Shut down. Plug in your monitor to the IGPU's port on the motherboard and boot to see if the loading screen is displayed there. If not, do the same process using the other ports on the discrete GPU to see if it's being displayed on any of them.

shilohh - Did as you suggested and changed my system definition to MacMini7,1. I have attached my .ioreg file as requested. Thanks again for all your help!

Did you install the Nvidia Web Driver? Sunblade has a some variant maxwell driver installed. Maxwell cards have no native support in OS X. I downloaded your dmg of files so I have your OEM ACPI files to look at. Please save and post a .ioreg file from IORegistryExplorer for me. Another note: MacMini7,1 looks like a better match for that box. Did you try MacMini7,1 sys def?

Also, in your user profile, you should change:
Mobo to Zotac ZBOX-EN760-U
CPU to i5-4200U
Graphics to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

Attachments

• mrintegra’s Mac Mini.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 142
shilohh - Did as you suggested and changed my system definition to MacMini7,1. I have attached my .ioreg file as requested. Thanks again for all your help!
I'm guessing you still can't use HDMI? I added GPU injection to your DSDT and changed your config.plist to match the change. Let me know if it works.

Attachments

• from_shilohh.zip
    21.4 KB · Views: 144
Hi. I have 17.1 (6700k) with nvidia gtx 980 based on el cpaitan. For acceleration I used web driver and fix4. Few days ago fix 4 stop working for me. I tried to use AGDP fix app - and not fixed black screen. I'd reinstall system, disabled SIP, used Pike patch, reset system cache and nothing. So i don't understand what happens. So can you help me?

Hi,
I believe i am having the same problem as some people in this thread. Every time i boot up with the Nvidia drivers on OSX 10.11.2, the progress bar gets to round 2/3 of the way through but then the monitor looses connection. My setup is a GA Z97 D3H motherboard with intel i5 4460 and a EVGA GTX 960 SSC. I have changed the SMBIOS between MacPro 3,1 and iMac 14,2, but there is no difference. I have checked the flags that clover boots into OSX (on the startup screen, and pressing Options) and the only ones it uses is dart=0 and nvda_drv=1. Do i need to enable any more boot flags?. I can boot into the OS with nv_disable=1 but that obviously doesn't use the web drivers
Help would be greatly appreciated
Sam

I use skylake 6600K with iMac 17.1 SMBIOS. I tried both your app and the on fly solution, none of them seems to work. I can only boot with nv_disable. Can you help me?
thank you

Hi. I have 17.1 (6700k) with nvidia gtx 980 based on el cpaitan. For acceleration I used web driver and fix4. Few days ago fix 4 stop working for me. I tried to use AGDP fix app - and not fixed black screen. I'd reinstall system, disabled SIP, used Pike patch, reset system cache and nothing. So i don't understand what happens. So can you help me?
I'll do my best. Did you do or change anything on the system the day you got the black screen back? Are you positive it's the same issue (its running fine, just no signal going to the monitor i.e. it responds to keyboard short cuts and you can screen share in from anther computer to control the system) or could it be something else like a frozen system, crash or kernel panic (system restarts on its own)? If it is the same problem for sure, boot with nv_disable=1 and rebuilt the kernel cache in terminal and also run bdmesg. Then paste both of terminal's outputs here.

I use skylake 6600K with iMac 17.1 SMBIOS. I tried both your app and the on fly solution, none of them seems to work. I can only boot with nv_disable. Can you help me?
thank you
Reinstall the backed up OEM kext to start. Then try creating the SSDT with GFX1. Is your IGPU disabled?

Hi,
I believe i am having the same problem as some people in this thread..... dart=0 and nvda_drv=1. Do i need to enable any more boot flags?. I can boot into the OS with nv_disable=1 but that obviously doesn't use the web drivers
Help would be greatly appreciated
Sam
Hey Sam, not sure about boot args for your system but it doesn't sound like it if you can boot nv disabled. I suppose its possible that one of the PCI related args might be needed when using a discrete GPU. My expertise really lies with just X79.

Could what is described here also work for laptops? I have a HP Elitebook 8570w which boots in black screen after running the Probook Installer.

Back