Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Yes i can boot with nv_disable, but this is way too laggy to work with ... I also can use the displays, once I plugged the cables off and in again... but this extra step is annoying, so I looked for a permanent solution to skip this.

SlimJim's Post is nice, but also not helpfull for me. As I said i tried to modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext my own, as in his post. But it didn't help.

Yes i can boot with nv_disable, but this is way too laggy to work with ... I also can use the displays, once I plugged the cables off and in again... but this extra step is annoying, so I looked for a permanent solution to skip this.

SlimJim's Post is nice, but also not helpfull for me. As I said i tried to modify the AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext my own, as in his post. But it didn't help.
Let me know if this helps: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-injection-hdmi-audio-nvidia-macpro6-1-a.html

shilohh - Yes, I have been using the Nvidia Web Drivers in order to get my system to function properly. Otherwise, I would have no QE/CI. I will try to make the changes as you suggested, when I find the time this week and will report back with the results. Thank you in advance for all your troubleshooting help!

Did you install the Nvidia Web Driver? Sunblade has a some variant maxwell driver installed. Maxwell cards have no native support in OS X. I downloaded your dmg of files so I have your OEM ACPI files to look at. Please save and post a .ioreg file from IORegistryExplorer for me. Another note: MacMini7,1 looks like a better match for that box. Did you try MacMini7,1 sys def?

Also, in your user profile, you should change:
Mobo to Zotac ZBOX-EN760-U
CPU to i5-4200U
Graphics to NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

When you rebuild the kernel cache make sure it says it is allowing that kext because of kext-dev-mode=1. By modifying the kext you make the signature invalid.

When you rebuild the kernel cache make sure it says it is allowing that kext because of kext-dev-mode=1. By modifying the kext you make the signature invalid.

That's it! Thanks .. my displays don't go to sleep anymore, thanks!

But I discovered another issue.
After the bootsequenz, the initialization of my displays don't work ... i have to plug the cables off and on again to get it working.
Any idea? Should I try the "SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection for HDMI Audio and Nvidia with MacPro6,1" fix?

But I discovered another issue.
After the bootsequenz, the initialization of my displays don't work ... i have to plug the cables off and on again to get it working.
Any idea? Should I try the "SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection for HDMI Audio and Nvidia with MacPro6,1" fix?
I suggest you try it because the maxwell SSDT in addition to HDMI Audio, injects all the ports too.

I don't see Apple Logo and Loading bar. That parts turn black screen when I boot. But when loading time finished my desktop coming. is this kext turn my Apple Logo and Loading bar visible again?

System definition is 14.2.

Graphic Card is NVIDIA GTX 660.

I don't see Apple Logo and Loading bar. That parts turn black screen when I boot. But when loading time finished my desktop coming. is this kext turn my Apple Logo and Loading bar visible again?

No this won't help that. Are you using graphics enabler? Usually setting AAPL,boot-display via ACPI injection will solve that. The loading progress screen may be showing on your integrated GPU instead of you discreet GPU. Why iMac14,2 (haswell) instead of iMac13,2 (IvyBridge)? I was wrong 4770K is haswell. oops

This sounds like you have the IGP set as the initiate device in your bios.

No this won't help that. Are you using graphics enabler? Usually setting AAPL,boot-display via ACPI injection will solve that. The loading progress screen may be showing on your integrated GPU instead of you discreet GPU. Why iMac14,2 (haswell) instead of iMac13,2 (IvyBridge)?

No I never used graphics enabler. When I used to enabler "Yes" I always getting white screen and never boot. If I want to boot my system enabler must be "No".

Actually I never get this black screen part issuee before. It will happend suddenly.

I didnt never use integrated GPU. It is always closed from the boot.

My chip is i7 4770K and clover choosen iMac14,2 definition automatically. I never changed that 'cause everything work well from so far now.

"Usually setting AAPL,boot-display via ACPI injection will solve that."
I really dont know how can I these settings and where they are?

Back