Contribute
Register

Black Screen with MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition

Could what is described here also work for laptops? I have a HP Elitebook 8570w which boots in black screen after running the Probook Installer.
No. I really don't think so unless you are using one of the sys defs mentioned in the original post.

No. I really don't think so unless you are using one of the sys defs mentioned in the original post.

You are right. The result was a panic after reboot.

I have some lines of code I like to inject to get brightness control working.
The PNLF patch is already in place.

What is the proper way to inject the lines. I tried MacASLs patch button but this doesn't see it.
The apply button is greyed out.

I have some lines of code I like to inject to get brightness control working.
The PNLF patch is already in place.

What is the proper way to inject the lines. I tried MacASLs patch button but this doesn't see it.
The apply button is greyed out.
It's a bit more complicated. Unless you have a patch written for MaciAsl, you need to know where the code goes and put it there yourself. You should check out rehabman's patches and repositories.

shilohh - I applied the two modified files to my EFI and still can't use HDMI. Any other suggestions? I may try re-flashing the BIOS to see if that may help. Thanks again for your help.

I'm guessing you still can't use HDMI? I added GPU injection to your DSDT and changed your config.plist to match the change. Let me know if it works.

shilohh - I applied the two modified files to my EFI and still can't use HDMI. Any other suggestions? I may try re-flashing the BIOS to see if that may help. Thanks again for your help.
Switch back to your old files and try using clover to set the GPU ports correctly in the config.plist...

Or just keep only the new config.plist and save me a new ioreg. Clover was set to add HDMI audio and that might have thrown off the port count. Your card appears to have just 2 ports and I'd like to see what the web drivers inject without clover interfering.

Thanks a million for the app, Shilohh! I will give it a spin with the next OS X update. It definitely comes in handy by saving the time to modify the info.plist manually. Great job!

Shilohh, I have just used your app on the 10.11.3 update. It worked flawlessly! Awesome job and looking forward for more great things from you! :)

shilohh - Kept the new config.plist, switched back to the old DSDT and attached the new ioreg file. You are correct about my unit only having 2 ports: one HDMI and one DVI. Thanks!

BTW, when the HDMI cable is plugged in, it shows my TV as a Built-in Display.

Switch back to your old files and try using clover to set the GPU ports correctly in the config.plist...

Or just keep only the new config.plist and save me a new ioreg. Clover was set to add HDMI audio and that might have thrown off the port count. Your card appears to have just 2 ports and I'd like to see what the web drivers inject without clover interfering.

Attachments

• mrintegra’s Mac Mini 012516.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 198
  • 160125-0001.png
    160125-0001.png
    56.4 KB · Views: 335
It's me again :) sorry for doublepost.

I was now able to apply patch and save the edited SSDT ... but at the verification step my GFX is still displayed loaded as "PEG0.PEGP"?

I attached my edited SSDT, if I made any mistake. Any advice? Did I still do something wrong?
Sorry I lost track of your issue for a while. Your SSDT is correct based on the guide but something is going wrong because the device is already in a SSDT.

Please try the attached SSDTs, one at a time and please save a IOReg with each one active. Please report back with ioregs.

Thanks.

Attachments

• TEST.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
Back