Contribute
Register

Black screen with cursor after login

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am thinking is that your IGP IntelHD Video is not loading properly toward the end of booting on to the desktop. I am considering various causes for that to occur. In the original USB installer created in Unibeast, I've seen Nvidia as a default. That is why I mentioned whether that could be still in the Boot flag of the System Disk. From your clarification posted simultaneously with my last one, you have ruled that out and possible BIOS choice problem too. So ignore my response above this one.
I cannot off hand think of a way to see what is in your Computer's Clover >Config.plist that could cause the present last step impediment to boot to the desktop.

Do you want to see if booting in Safe Mode will get you the desktop?

Safe mode is the same, I mentioned in the first post, get the login, put the password (safe mode overwrite the autologin) and boom the black screen with cursor. On the Backup drive (EFI Partition) is the same config.plist used in the principal ssd EFI partition

Tried:
Single Mode
Safe Mode
Disabling inject intel and try booting without acceleration
Using the recovery partition to repair the disk
Reseting cmos
unplugged all the disk and just leave the macOS ssd

Edit: My installation was just with clover, don't use Unibeast... also know as Vanilla installation

Hi guys, I'm super new to this and just ran into this. System was working fine... stepped away for a bit, came back to a "Error was encoutered and system rebooted message" then just black screen with cursor. I tried booting without Nvidia web drivers and I could tell that it was turned off because of the redraw issues. I was able to see the login menu, logged in... then went black again.

I booted in using -x -s into the console and tried to edit, but got a lot of sandbox errors and was not able to update kext info.plist files.

Any suggestions on how to avoid a complete rebuild? Not to mention that it could happen again if I don't know what the cause is.

Fyi Running 10.12.2 and my gfx is a Nvida GTX 960. Was working fine using web drivers until this happened.

UPDATE:

When I booted with -x option I was able to see the login screen. From there, I was actaully able to log into my guest account and get a desktop. So it appears to be related only to the profile. Going to look in other mac forums as I don't think this issue is limited to hackintosh. Any thoughts would still be appreciated.

UPDATE 2:

Removed a few items in my original ~/Library from an alternate account and now I am able to log back in and everything is working fine.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I'm super new to this and just ran into this. System was working fine... stepped away for a bit, came back to a "Error was encoutered and system rebooted message" then just black screen with cursor. I tried booting without Nvidia web drivers and I could tell that it was turned off because of the redraw issues. I was able to see the login menu, logged in... then went black again.

I booted in using -x -s into the console and tried to edit, but got a lot of sandbox errors and was not able to update kext info.plist files.

Any suggestions on how to avoid a complete rebuild? Not to mention that it could happen again if I don't know what the cause is.

Fyi Running 10.12.2 and my gfx is a Nvida GTX 960. Was working fine using web drivers until this happened.

UPDATE:

When I booted with -x option I was able to see the login screen. From there, I was actaully able to log into my guest account and get a desktop. So it appears to be related only to the profile. Going to look in other mac forums as I don't think this issue is limited to hackintosh. Any thoughts would still be appreciated.

UPDATE 2:

Removed a few items in my original ~/Library from an alternate account and now I am able to log back in and everything is working fine.

What did you remove?

Going by memory but I think these:

Saved Application State
Caches
Autosave Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back