Contribute
Register

Black Screen during startup (no more display after Apple Logo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I see that I do not have all of my usb ports (however, I have the same board and bios version of the author of the ssdt).

I do not know how the check that

You USB issue is caused by an error in your USBPorts.kext

The system definition of your config.plist shows MacPro7,1 but your USBPorts.kext, although it has been edited, shows iMac19,1 at the start of the info.plist.

macOS reads the "iMac19,1" and so bypasses the kext.

:)

Can I edit the USBPorts.kext to target the MacPro7,1 définition ?

Can I edit the USBPorts.kext to target the MacPro7,1 définition ?

Yes, you can.

Open the Info.plist inside it with a plain text editor.

The system definition appears in two places - once under the initial variables code and again at the end.

You can see that the first sys-def is iMac19,1, and the one at the end is MacPro7,1.

They should be the same.

So you need to edit the first definition from iMac19,1 to MacPro7,1.

:thumbup:

I edit the first definition to MacPro7,1-XHC but same result

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.9 MB · Views: 21
I edit the first definition to MacPro7,1-XHC but same result

Okay.

If it is now just the USB ports which are the problem then is the USBPorts.kext one you created yourself?
Or is it one from another build? If another build, what was the hardware?

It’s one from another build (taken from the thread that I linked in the first post), same hardware and bios version

It’s one from another build (taken from the thread that I linked in the first post), same hardware and bios version

That is where your problem lies. You need to know which ports the person who created that kext, enabled.

We already know they made a mistake with the system definitions. There are other mistakes too, but I will only explain them if I need to.

For now, let me explain that this kext only enables 5x USB2 ports and 10x USB3. This is "unusual". Normally we would enable 14x USB2 ports so that all of the ones we need are available, then we would enable 5x of the USB3 ports that are associated with those USB2 ports. Remember a single blue USB socket is actually 2x ports - a USB2 and a USB3.

Once we have done this we can then alter this basic setup as needed.

Note: in total the Z390 Aorus Pro has many more USB ports available than macOS officially recognises - 24x compared to 15x - which is why you need to know which ports have been enabled.

Do you have a port map?

Last edited:
Ok I understand. I followed the usb mapping guide with hackintool and usbinjectall, I active the usb ports that I need and it works very well.
I didn't know the 15x ports limitation.

I also updated opencore to latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back