Contribute
Register

Black Screen during startup (no more display after Apple Logo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro - OC
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Hi,

I updated my system to Monterey, and I take another EFI from my configuration (taken on this page https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...00-xt-big-sur-monterey-opencore-0-7-8.316448/)

On startup, OpenCore display my partition and I can start it.
The Apple logo is then displayed, the startup begins.
But, after a moment the screen lost the display signal and turns to black (the display say that's no more signal).

My config:
OpenCore

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro , bios version F12
Gigabyte Aorus RX 580
i7 9700

Last edited:
Hi,

I updated my system to Monterey, and I take another EFI from my configuration (taken on this page https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...00-xt-big-sur-monterey-opencore-0-7-8.316448/)

On startup, the Apple logo is displayed, the startup begins. After a moment the screen turns to black (the display say that's no more signal). I think I have a driver's problem.

My config:
Gigabyte Aorus Pro , bios version F12
Aorus RX 580
i7 9700
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

I attach the EFI I used

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 51
I attach the EFI I used

Hi there.

There are three things I would try:

1) Change the Misc/Security/SecureBootModel setting in your config.plist to "Disabled".

2) Disable the following kexts - SMCRadeonGPU.kext & RadeonSensor.kext. They might be fine, but try without just in case one is interfering. If nothing changes you can always re-enable them.

3) Perhaps remove the NVRAM boot command - "agdpmod=pikera" - because you should not need it with an RX580.

:)

Hi there.

There are three things I would try:

1) Change the Misc/Security/SecureBootModel setting in your config.plist to "Disabled".

2) Disable the following kexts - SMCRadeonGPU.kext & RadeonSensor.kext. They might be fine, but try without just in case one is interfering. If nothing changes you can always re-enable them.

3) Perhaps remove the NVRAM boot command - "agdpmod=pikera" - because you should not need it with an RX580.

:)

I tried the first advice (secure boot model): nothing change
I tried 2 & 3: I can boot without black screen. Yeah!

I will re enable the kexts to see if the cause is (2) a kext problem or the (3) "agdpmod=pikera" option

Disabling the SMCRadeonGPU.kext & RadeonSensor.kext is a problem with my config ?

I re enable the two kext and it works
So, it was the "agdpmod=pikera" option

I re enable the two kext and it works
So, it was the "agdpmod=pikera" option
agdpmod=pikera is for 6000 series AMD cards

glad you got it sorted :)

Now I see that I do not have all of my usb ports (however, I have the same board and bios version of the author of the ssdt).

I do not know how the check that

Now I see that I do not have all of my usb ports (however, I have the same board and bios version of the author of the ssdt).

I do not know how the check that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back