Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded from palit nvidia gtx960 4 gb to palit gtx 1060 gb...when i switched to hdpi mode of my lg uhd tv no video came out ..but when i used my old phone palit gtx960 there's video on lg uhd tv ...when i turned off the hdpi of lg uhd tv there's video on gtx1060 ...what is the solution for the palit gtx1060 to work with hdpi mode of lg uhdtv

As a FYI:

Works OK on my Maxwell cards (750 Ti, 950, 970 & 980).

Hi, I have a problem with the Sierra update 10.12.4... I follow all the steps in order to update and I have Mac Sierra correctly installed, but I can't run it without nv_disable=1. When I turn on the computer and I get the clover screen, I pulse on my hard drive to start my mac as I have always done, but now with the update, load the apple a little and it stays on black screen all the time, the only way To access the system is using nv_disable = 1 in the clover configuration. I have updated NVDIA web drivers with the link at the beginning of this post and nothing, I have updated clover to the latest version (v2.4) and nothing. My graphics card is an NVDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti. I hope you can help me, thanks in advance.

My Gigabyte GTX 1060 does the same after waking up. I tried turning off the monitors and, then, adding darkwake=0 & 8 to the boot arguments to no avail. On my Hector system with a GTX 750 Ti, I have no wake-up problems. So, unless something comes up, it's the integration of the GTX 1060 and the Nvidia drivers that are at fault. I'll let you know if I find a solution. Right now, only rebooting can solve the problem for me.
Hi there,

I have the bad video tearing and glitches after wake up. The login screen is fine but once I get into the desktop it goes crazy. What I found out is that if I turn off and on my monitor everything works again no need to reboot. I connect my gtx 1060 with an HDMI cable to my ASUS 1440p monitor.

I had the same problem after wake up with my EVGA GTX 1060 3GB driving two Dell U2715H via DisplayPort, serious screen tearing and flickering. I tried Neo-Matrix's idea and after switching off one of the monitors and back on all is AOK. No idea why. Thanks Neo-Matrix... did not relish the idea of rebooting every time it went to sleep!!

I had the same problem after wake up with my EVGA GTX 1060 3GB driving two Dell U2715H via DisplayPort, serious screen tearing and flickering. I tried Neo-Matrix's idea and after switching off one of the monitors and back on all is AOK. No idea why. Thanks Neo-Matrix... did not relish the idea of rebooting every time it went to sleep!!
Which monitor did you turn off? Main or secondary monitor?

Which monitor did you turn off? Main or secondary monitor?
Just tested it and it works with switching either one of the monitors off.

Hey guys. I have GeForce 1060. Is there any way to get temp of gpu? Thanks!

Last edited:
I currently have a 660, with a 1050Ti arriving tomorrow. Not using the web drivers with the 660, as I wanted to minimize hassle.
What would be a safe procedure to swap cards? Shut down, swap cards, install web drivers? Install web drivers first? Install web drivers with just the integrated graphics first?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back