Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the drivers are for Sierra only.
I've read it..... But here everybody is "Hacking" so I hope someone with more skill than mine would try to make them work under macOS El Capitan ;)
Thanks

I've read it..... But here everybody is "Hacking" so I hope someone with more skill than mine would try to make them work under macOS El Capitan ;)
Thanks
Unlikely. Low level stuff like graphics drivers have lots of interdependencies with other system files, thus Nvidia is linking each release to a specific macOS build. Disabling this check will usually result in a kernel panic or unloadable files.

Unlikely. Low level stuff like graphics drivers have lots of interdependencies with other system files, thus Nvidia is linking each release to a specific macOS build. Disabling this check will usually result in a kernel panic or unloadable files.
Ok, thanks for your explanation ;)

Upgraded to a 1080! Bliss
nightshift worked in f1 but only after wake from sleep / monitor off.

EVGA 1080 FTW - the ATX3.0 RGB cooler on this card is amazing, the silver really matches my mac pro case. its probably the nicest looking cooler I have ever used.

Last edited:
Just installed this new driver to try get my 1060 to work but now when it tries to boot it stays on a black screen. I have to debug kext to even boot up again but it only displays with the Display 7mb gfx. Anyone had this issue and fixed it?

Dear All,
I have ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB working fine on Sierra 10.12.4 except audio. I have connected the monitor with display port and the monitor has inbuilt audio. But I can't seem to find audio working and audio output in system preference is blank.
Do I need to install separate driver to make it working.

Dear All,
I have ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 6GB working fine on Sierra 10.12.4 except audio. I have connected the monitor with display port and the monitor has inbuilt audio. But I can't seem to find audio working and audio output in system preference is blank.
Do I need to install separate driver to make it working.

Had the same issue. Not sure which MB you have, but considerr either:

1) download Multibeast Sierra Edition-9.0.1 -> drivers -> Audio -> your card driver (e.g., ALC892), or

2) run the audio_pikeralphaALC-120_v1.0d.command shell script from here (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/no-audio-devices-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143752)

Confirming that upgrading to the new WebDriver 378.05.05.05f02 didn't break anything on GA-H97M-D3H/Asus 1070/10.12.4. Training the OpenNMT neural net model is even a tad faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back