Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confirmed works on my rig with iMac17,1, MSI 1070 Gaming X. Took a bit to get going. Got the error 5mb ram bit and only 1280x1024 resolution - Problem 6. Updated to recent clover with EMUVARIABLEUEFI-64 selected to fix that problem. Next I got problem 4 - the black sleep screen. So I booted with nv_disable=1 to get to my desktop , mounted my EFI partition and loaded Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into my efi/clover/kexts/other, then rebooted. Everything works like a charm after that.

Confirmed works on my rig with iMac17,1, MSI 1070 Gaming X. Took a bit to get going. Got the error 5mb ram bit and only 1280x1024 resolution - Problem 6. Updated to recent clover with EMUVARIABLEUEFI-64 selected to fix that problem. Next I got problem 4 - the black sleep screen. So I booted with nv_disable=1 to get to my desktop , mounted my EFI partition and loaded Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext into my efi/clover/kexts/other, then rebooted. Everything works like a charm after that.
I have downloaded the latest version of clover and I cannot have any options. Could you add the link of the version of clover you're using? Thkx

I have downloaded the latest version of clover and I cannot have any options. Could you add the link of the version of clover you're using? Thkx

On the clover installer you need to do custom install and open the drop menus for custom install and it is there.

Hi everybody.
I'm new to this forum. At least as an active user. Reading the forum I'm here for ages already. Therefore: Thanks for all the help during the last years...

But now I'm stuck with a problem that I can not get fixed. No matter how much I read here nor how much i google...

I have a MacPro 4,1. It's flashed to MacPro 5,1. Otherwise it is completely stock. I run Sierra 10.12.4, no modifications.
Playing some games once in a while, I wanted to have a stronger graphics cards than the stock ATI Radeon HD 4870. So I bought a MSI Twin Frozr Gaming Geforce GTX 770. Should be much faster.

I installed the card. Booted to macOS. Picture on DisplayPort all fine.
I installed the latest nVidia WebDriver. It asked for permission to install the latest driver 378.05.05.05f01. I installed it. Rebooted to macOS. Picture on DisplayPort all fine.

And here the trouble starts. As with many others, "OS X Default Graphics Driver" is selected. I can select "NVIDIA Web Driver". My Mac restarts. And "OS X Default Graphics Driver" is selected again. :(
Tried all things I could imagine. No change.
Graphic performance is lousy. FPS in Cinebench dropped from 50fps with stock ATI 4870 to below 40fps with new GTX 770.

Please help! (as mentioned, I'd like to keep my MacPro unmodified with alternative bootloaders or the like, as I need to use it for my work, which has very high security requirements - I'm a bit worried about alternative boot loaders or the like...).

Thank you very much!!!!!!

flegomatix

How did you do it, can you upload your fakesmc kext please. Thanks in advance :)
hi just look at [post 128] I put all kexts in effi clover kexts others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back