Contribute
Register

Black Screen After Updating to 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did that, it's not working for me :(
make sure you haven't got any fake.kexts in system/library/extensions and library/extensions and in config.plist
you got inject.kext on Detect in system parameters.

make sure you haven't got any fake.kexts in system/library/extensions and library/extensions and in config.plist
you got inject.kext on Detect in system parameters.
I have everything you say on. The kext is loaded just not recognising the card. It was working until I updated the card's bios as it's an MSI with the dodgy vram issue. I will just have to wait until the FakeSMC comes out and see if it fixes the issue.

I don't know if this is endemic to my setup being a legitimate Mac + Pascal eGPU, but man this new driver is unreliable when working in the Adobe suite.

It seems like within a few minutes of starting to work, the screen becomes unresponsive for a second, and then the entire After Effects window goes black, with the rest of the UI following. The computer is still responsive, and I'm able to restart and get display back, but I can't get any useful work done.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue / have a fix?

Anyone else experiencing the same issue / have a fix?

Your question would probably be better addressed to the Apple support community rather than here although many users here fall into both camps.

Maybe macvidcards.com can offer advice ?

Last edited:
Are the drivers usable in El Capitan? My machine can't handle Sierra.

Are the drivers usable in El Capitan? My machine can't handle Sierra.
Some drivers are not for Pascal though.
What do you mean your machine can't handle Sierra? Are you talking about the machine in your sig?
Because that shouldn't have any problems :)

Some drivers are not for Pascal though.
What do you mean your machine can't handle Sierra? Are you talking about the machine in your sig?
Because that shouldn't have any problems :)
NO, the one in my sig is fine :) It's another one I built that I want to upgrade the gpu. It's an i3 that won't install Sierra. I have Mavericks on it now, but when I installed the 1050 ti, it boots up but with lousy graphics. I tried to install the drivers but it gave me an error message that the driver isnt for 10.9. So I want to check if I can use the new drivers on EC or Yosemite.

hi guys

i have problem
my gpu is gigabyte gtx 1060 g1 gaming 6Gb
but not install this driver for me
( installed but not working )
in about this mac my vga is : display 7mb
my gpu not support sierra and this driver ??

Hey everyone,

i'm running a i7-6700 with a 1070 gtx and a dual screen setup. before the new drivers i had both screens on my hd530, but i had to hot plug the second screen, otherwise i got a black screen / no signal during boot on both displays. Now i've upgraded to 10.12.4 and switched everything to the nvidia gpu. Everything runs the same way as before (with the hot plug). My question is if this is still necessary or if the changes for the hd530 are influencing the nvidia gpu now.

Did anyone get dual screens without hotplug to work or is this a sierra problem?

thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back