EVGA GTX 660 SC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!
This weekend I have managed to update my Yosemite install to El Capitan and I got it pretty easily. The only problem that I have is the Windows 10 installation on a secondary disk didn't work because it had MBR partition table instead of GPT.

Looking for solutions to convert MBR to GPT I have found the gptgen command line utility that requires some partition space at the beginning of the disk. I made that partition and execute the gptgen utility and it worked well because since then the disk was listed as GPT in the Disk Part Windows utility.

After that I tried to boot from Windows disk and it didn't work. The weird thing about that is after this I tried to boot from Clover and init OSX and all works well until the Apple logo load. I get a black screen after the Apple logo screen finishes to load.

I've tried to boot with verbose mode and I didn't get any error. I can make it work again in safe mode? Is my first time with Clover and I'm a bit lost with that.

I have tried to disconnect the Windows disk if it has some relation, but I get the same result.

Thank you in advance and sorry if I make mistakes writing in english, is not my native language.

If you power off and on your monitor, or unplug and re-plug the video cable, do you get a display on the monitor again?

If not, if you have another machine with OS X, you could try making a UniBeast install USB drive and just boot your main system from that and select Boot Mac OS X from YourSystemDrive from the Clover menu and see if that gets you into your El Capitan install. If so, you can then fix up the EFI partition on the system drive.

If you can't do that, you can boot in Recovery mode and mount the EFI partition on the system drive and make sure it still has an EFI/CLOVER directory with all the right stuff in it.

Hi, thank you for your help but I finally reformat and reinstalled the Windows partition with GPT and reinstalled Clover in the Mac OS SSD to make it work because I needed to get it working the same day.

Now I'm trying to make work the USB3 connections with this thread, but I get the same black screen than before if I make changes on the config.plist that normally works.

My feeling is Clover breaks down only by looking it... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back