Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm concidering just reinstalling 10.10.0
Maybe also update to 10.10.2
And I'll wait to see if 10.10.4 will change anything....
This is really depressing me, my Hackintosh is my main system, and I'm in the army, so I don't have time to all these things except the weekends, which are short anyway

Computer updated to 10.10.3 and now I'm stuck in an endless reboot cycle. White apple logo with status bar and once it reaches half way, reboots.

Recently installed the GTX 980 and had everything working smoothly until now.

Tried booting safe mode, no luck. :banghead:

Long time lurker, first time poster.

So after having this issue when i reinstalled and not having it previously (when at 10.10.3) i thought about what i did differently.

When i reinstalled i used multibeast 7.3.0 and selected the macpro6,1 profile instead of macpro3,1 (which is the default).

After booting in to macos with nv_disable=1 and re running multibeast and this time using macpro3,1 the issue went away. Be sure to backup your org.chameleon.Boot.plist or you will loose changes when multibeast is reinstalled. (nvda_drv=1 for example)

edit: just noticed this http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/84213/en-us in additional information

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS for Driver Release 346.01.02f02

Model identifier should be Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) or Mac Pro 3,1 (2008)
Mac OS X v10.10.3 (14D136)

so thats why 6,1 wouldn't work.

edit2: f03 is now out - http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/84869/en-us

hi guys! My English is bad, but I will try to help you.
You need to connect in your host and to make modification of the Info.plist file which is on the way

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/

In this file you look for Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 line and you replace it with Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = none

Save.

You do update cache, for example by Kext Utility.
Reboot

;)

Hi S9000 !!
Many Thanks for the patch !!
I have 1 request :
is possible to inject the modification with clover configurator app into info.plist of clover ?
I tried without success...

Thanks !

Hi, I also suffering from this to, but recovered with a quick solution. Here's my chameleon kext. Compare this with yours. Mine got no problem:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 PCIRootUID=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks! GraphicsEnabler=No plus my addition seems to have done the trick. Without that update it seemed like displayport wouldn't work.

What addition?

i have the same problem, hdmi/dvi works but no display port.

Okay i'm slowly starting to lose my mind here :)

I was on OSX Mountain Lion (yes it's a long time ago i did this) and got a new SSD. So i did a clean install and all seemed fine untill the black screen. nv_disable=1 is the only way to get the system to boot. But i can't seem to fix it. I've tried:

• I tried installing the KEXT using kext wizard, and i did do the stuff with cache and disk permissions.
  • I tried doing it manually, but after using the KEXT it is already set to NONE.
  • Nvda_drv=1 does not work either
  • Tried a lot of combinations with Graphicsenabler=no/yes and IGPEnabler=No/yes
  • I use Mac Pro 3.1 profile
  • Installed with Chimera/multibeast (not clover)
  • After trying all this, i installed the latest webdrivers, but no succes there.

Am i missing something? everyone else seems to be getting through simple and clean now. I'm probably missing something reaalllyyy simple... but what?

Just for people that still can't fix this...

I just updated to 10.10.3 and the graphics driver wasn't loading. I make it run with the flags from the beginning of the thread, but my card was detected as a NVIDIA Chip 5 MB. I've read all the thread and tried all the solutions posted. None worked. To make it work, I just left the backup that I made of the initial AppleGraphics kext and I just changed the version of the mac from 6,1 to 5,1.

Now is running smooth again.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back