Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the image it is only showing "n" it should be "none"

Disable Integrated Graphics on BIOS
Set Graphics Card/PCIe as your Primary Video Adapter/Initial Display Port on BIOS.

Also ensure that the Nvidia, Intel, ATI graphics injections are disabled on config.plist.

Try to boot without caches.

Going through your instructions... the issue with the "n" in the playlist is that when I type "none" and SAVE the file... I go back into the file to ensure it is GTG and it automatically changes the "none" to an "n". For ****s and giggles... I did this 6 times... the 6th time worked! We are GTG there now...

I did a restart after correcting the file... same issue.

SO... for the bios instructions... where do I do that in my bios (disable integrated graphics)? (screenshot 1, screenshot 2, screenshot 3)??? Not seeing any options for graphics in both EZ and Advanced modes...

For the "Nvidia, Intel, ATI graphics injections are disabled on config.plist"... where is this file located?

Thank you again... apologies I know these are rookie mistakes, I'm just new to customac programming/configuration.... but I learn quick!

Thank you Jithin, standing by kind Sir. -Joe

WAIT!!!

I swapped out the video card with my original (was swapping out diff ones to see if that would work) and KABOOM!!!

I am up and running!!!! Jithin, you are a ROCKSTAR. Are you a moderator or owner of this site? I'd like to make a donation if the site allows for it.

I really appreciate your work and knowledge Jithin. Please let me know how I can thank you brother.

-Joe

ACTUALLY, it's the least I can do, I hope you like rock music? Here is my my debut album on iTunes and Amazon for $9.99... I've just uploaded it here in full for ya: ALBUM: YOU ARE ME by Joseph Williams

Are you a moderator or owner of this site? I'd like to make a donation if the site allows for it.

I am a member only....:D

Donations are not allowed.
Rules said:
No member can ask, accept, offer or provide any form of compensation to any other member for any form of assistance.

ACTUALLY, it's the least I can do, I hope you like rock music? Here is my my debut album on iTunes and Amazon for $9.99... I've just uploaded it here in full for ya:

Thanks you.....!:headbang:

Good Luck...!

After upgrading to 10.10.3 I needed to boot with nv_disable=1, install the latest NVidia WebDriver-346.01.02f02.pkg, replace AppleGraphicsControl.kext with the patched one, rebuild caches and reboot. It worked. I have been using Clover (no InjectNvidia, nvda_drv=1), MacPro6,1 smbios, and connect through DisplayPort.

But ...

when I replace my GTX 670 with a GTX 980 I get the black screen again :(

Am I supposed to do anything else for GTX 980 ?

you are the BEST!!!!

After upgrading to 10.10.3 I needed to boot with nv_disable=1, install the latest NVidia WebDriver-346.01.02f02.pkg, replace AppleGraphicsControl.kext with the patched one, rebuild caches and reboot. It worked. I have been using Clover (no InjectNvidia, nvda_drv=1), MacPro6,1 smbios, and connect through DisplayPort.

But ...

when I replace my GTX 670 with a GTX 980 I get the black screen again :(

Am I supposed to do anything else for GTX 980 ?

The kext S9000 posted worked for me like a charm with my GTX 980

Many many many thanks!!!
I had this problem with my UHD monitor (UP3214Q, definitely not the best UHD monitor for hackintosh...), any problems with my cinema HD 30", the fix #48 give me my UHD monitor back.

For those who could have the same problem than me:
GraphicsEnabler=No; IGPEnabler=No, no nvda_drv=1
System definition: Mac Mini 6.2 (One of those who work with the UP3214Q)

And everything is good
Many thanks again

PS: I cannot use the Web Driver, which is not a problem for now, but I plan to buy the GTX Titan X and I will need to use them, any idea guys?

The kext S9000 posted worked for me like a charm with my GTX 980

The instructions had made it work for my GTX 670, but when I replace the card with a MSI GTX 980 Gaming the screen blacks out shortly after loading NVDAStartup. I gave up as I didn't want to start from the beginning - I have too many hacks (for USB 3.0, for Audio, for SandyBridge-E power management, for sleep, etc). I 'll keep the card for the future, once I feel 12 cores is not enough and need to build a new system I will use it.

I tried everything you guys said, and I still have the black screen.
I booted in nv_disable=1
Got the latest nVidia web driver.
GraphicsEnabler=no
IGPEnabler=no
Fixed the kext using kext wizard
Fixed permissions and updated cache
And nothing.
I still can only boot with nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back