Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try booting with "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 nv_disable=1 -x -f -v". Post the result.

Almost the same.

After the loading texts, the apple logo came, and then the cursor but no mouse.
Then in about 15s: missing bluetooth controller transport
Then in about 7min: Resetting IOCatalogue appears
Then cursor forever, but now not blinking.

hi guys! My English is bad, but I will try to help you.
You need to connect in your host and to make modification of the Info.plist file which is on the way

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/

In this file you look for Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 line and you replace it with Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = none

Save.

You do update cache, for example by Kext Utility.
Reboot

;)

Thank You !!!

Hey guys, I'm having the EXACT issue and I'm lost in the 122+ pages in this thread. Seems there are multiple "possible" fixes. The "fix" noted above is a bit cryptic to me... would someone please walk me through it if it is in-fact the "fix"?

I'm using CLOVER and can only get my screen to work in safe mode. What key commands/prompts or what should I do to once-and-for-all fix this? Been banging my head for 2 days. Replaced vid card 3x and know for a fact that it is software related.

Thank you for any insight!

Hey guys, I'm having the EXACT issue and I'm lost in the 122+ pages in this thread. Seems there are multiple "possible" fixes. The "fix" noted above is a bit cryptic to me... would someone please walk me through it if it is in-fact the "fix"?

I'm using CLOVER and can only get my screen to work in safe mode. What key commands/prompts or what should I do to once-and-for-all fix this? Been banging my head for 2 days. Replaced vid card 3x and know for a fact that it is software related.

Thank you for any insight!

If you are checking the previous posts then you will find modified kext.

Yes, precisely the issue.

I'm not savvy with customac programming and my usual tech-guy is not available for weeks.

I'd be willing to paypal someone some money TODAY if they think they can walk me through how to fix this. I need my music studio up and running ASAP.

I am very computer savvy, just not with CUSTOMAC. So, I'll be very easy to teach over the phone or email if someone wants to make a lil' easy money.

-Joe

Alright, managed to get to the files via "safe mode". I altered the ".plist" file accordingly and still no love.

Here's video of what I see when trying to start up.... VIDEO HERE

Any ideas?

Alright, managed to get to the files via "safe mode". I altered the ".plist" file accordingly and still no love.

Here's video of what I see when trying to start up.... VIDEO HERE

Any ideas?

After modifying and installing the kext, have you performed the Repair Disk Permission & Rebuilding Caches???

After modifying and installing the kext, have you performed the Repair Disk Permission & Rebuilding Caches???

THANK YOU so much Jithin for responding. I did edit the .plist file and after saving I scroll down to the section and the text looks like this... SCREENSHOT HERE

If I think what you mean... I went into "KText Wizard" and selected the following settings and selected "excute"... SCREENSHOT HERE. Is this all that is expected?

*NOTE: I'm doing this all in "safety mode" because it won't fully boot up in regular operational mode.

After executing the Ktext Wizard repair permissions/rebuild cache... I went to "restart" the OSX.

Tried to launch OSX as normal (not in "safe mode") and same issue... Apple logo, loading bar goes half-way then "black out". Literally no connection.

I tried it with an HDMI projector.. same indications cept the projector reads out that there is no "HDMI connection" available when the blackout occurs.

Any other ideas? (thank you thank you BTW again Jithin for your assistance.). Standing by! -Joe

I did edit the .plist file and after saving I scroll down to the section and the text looks like this... SCREENSHOT HERE

On the image it is only showing "n" it should be "none"

If I think what you mean... I went into "KText Wizard" and selected the following settings and selected "excute"... SCREENSHOT HERE. Is this all that is expected?

Yes.

*NOTE: I'm doing this all in "safety mode" because it won't fully boot up in regular operational mode.

After executing the Ktext Wizard repair permissions/rebuild cache... I went to "restart" the OSX.

Tried to launch OSX as normal (not in "safe mode") and same issue... Apple logo, loading bar goes half-way then "black out". Literally no connection.

I tried it with an HDMI projector.. same indications cept the projector reads out that there is no "HDMI connection" available when the blackout occurs.

Disable Integrated Graphics on BIOS
Set Graphics Card/PCIe as your Primary Video Adapter/Initial Display Port on BIOS.

Also ensure that the Nvidia, Intel, ATI graphics injections are disabled on config.plist.

Try to boot without caches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back