Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know if this fix will allow a GT 610 to work with the built in OS X drivers in 10.10.3? (I had to revert back to 10.10.2 because I couldn't find a solution before).

For everyone this solution is working. So hope for the best and follow it.

View attachment 133369

Unpack zip and use the Kext utility for installation

Thank you! Another happy customer battling frustration with my ga-z87n-wifi + GTX 650ti.

Is there a way to insert this in the Clover config.plist? I tried adding it to the kextstopatch, but it gave me an error, possibly because I kept the newline between the key and value. You can't do a search on "Config1" since it's not unique so I'm not sure if there's a better way to do the search-replace in clover for plists.

Thank you! Another happy customer battling frustration with my ga-z87n-wifi + GTX 650ti.

Is there a way to insert this in the Clover config.plist? I tried adding it to the kextstopatch, but it gave me an error, possibly because I kept the newline between the key and value. You can't do a search on "Config1" since it's not unique so I'm not sure if there's a better way to do the search-replace in clover for plists.

AFAIK Clover let's you only patch kext binaries or integer values in .plist's. I even checked the source code, there's no data-tag available for Info.plist patching.

hi guys! My English is bad, but I will try to help you.
You need to connect in your host and to make modification of the Info.plist file which is on the way

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/

In this file you look for Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 line and you replace it with Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = none

Save.

You do update cache, for example by Kext Utility.
Reboot

;)

I did and it worked to resolve the black screen, but now I am stuck with NVIDIA CHIP MODEL 3 MB. How do I fix that. I have a 650ti and had no issue before 10.10.3 and it worked native before.

I did and it worked to resolve the black screen, but now I am stuck with NVIDIA CHIP MODEL 3 MB. How do I fix that. I have a 650ti and had no issue before 10.10.3 and it worked native before.

Ensure that you are not using any graphics injections through bootloader.

Where would that be at again? I am using Clover

Where would that be at again? I am using Clover

Check in your config.plist file. Under the section Graphics > Inject > NVIDIA.

Also ensure that you are not using "nvda_drv=1" or "nv_disable=1"

Repair disk permissions and rebuild caches using Kext Wizard, then reboot OS X and check.

View attachment 133369

Unpack zip and use the Kext utility for installation

Had the same issue as everyone else and this worked, thanks a bunch mate!

Though many of us bought the 760GTX for OOTB compatibility it seems we're taking one step backwards with 10.10.3 update, hmm too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back