Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 133369

Unpack zip and use the Kext utility for installation

I used the kext utility and installed this kext, but my screen is laggy. It allows me to boot to the desktop, but it is terrible. Any help? Also the original AppleGraphicsControl.kext is now gone.

I used the kext utility and installed this kext, but my screen is laggy. It allows me to boot to the desktop, but it is terrible. Any help? Also the original AppleGraphicsControl.kext is now gone.

Ensure that you are not using any graphics injections through boot loader.

Repair disk permissions and rebuild caches using Kext Wizard. Then reboot and check.

Ensure that you are not using any graphics injections through boot loader.

Repair disk permissions and rebuild caches using Kext Wizard. Then reboot and check.

How do I "ensure that you are not using any graphics injections through boot loader"

Where do I get kext wizard?

How do I "ensure that you are not using any graphics injections through boot loader"

If you have Chimera (Multibeast) boot loader then check in your org.chameleon.boot.plist file. In that file the string value of GraphicsEnabler should be set to No.

Also check under Kernel Flags, is there any flag present like "nv_disable=1" or "nvda_drv=1".

Where do I get kext wizard?

Use google ... LOL:D:thumbup:

If you have Chimera (Multibeast) boot loader then check in your org.chameleon.boot.plist file. In that file the string value of GraphicsEnabler should be set to No.

Also check under Kernel Flags, is there any flag present like "nv_disable=1" or "nvda_drv=1".

Use google ... LOL:D:thumbup:

Right, I found kext wizard. Also GraphicsEnabler is set to No. I do have some Kernel Flags though

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

All my videos go haywire when I try and use full screen.

Thanks for your help.

Right, I found kext wizard. Also GraphicsEnabler is set to No. I do have some Kernel Flags though

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

All my videos go haywire when I try and use full screen.

Thanks for your help.

Have you installed NVDIA Web Driver??

Remove the nvda_drv=1 from it, save the file. Then reboot and check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back