Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys! My English is bad, but I will try to help you.
You need to connect in your host and to make modification of the Info.plist file which is on the way

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/

In this file you look for Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 line and you replace it with Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = none

Save.

You do update cache, for example by Kext Utility.
Reboot

;)

Please help! After modifying this I can only get access into Yosemite via Safe Mode, but once I reboot in normally I still got nothing but black screen. I cleared cache using kext utility, graphic card Radeon hd 7850m, I successfully boot into 10.10.2 using dsdt file. Can anyone please help~~~~

hi guys! My English is bad, but I will try to help you.
You need to connect in your host and to make modification of the Info.plist file which is on the way

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/

In this file you look for Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 line and you replace it with Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = none

Save.

You do update cache, for example by Kext Utility.
Reboot

;)
I made a dummy kext that will load the modified info.plist even after future OS updates. Just install with KextBeast or your app of choice.

Shows the OEM kext not loaded because the dummy kext has a newer version and overrides it.
Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.34.06 PM.png

Shows the dummy kext with the modified plist loaded. There are symbolic links so the kext will load the binary and other files from the OEM kext.
Screen Shot 2015-04-13 at 7.33.33 PM.png

Credit to PikerAlpha for his new way of patching AppleHDA method.
kext doesn't work right. Clover's plist patch won't do it either. Still have to patch the plist.

I made a dummy kext that will load the modified info.plist even after future OS updates. Just install with KextBeast or your app of choice.

Shows the OEM kext not loaded because the dummy kext has a newer version and overrides it.
View attachment 133959

Shows the dummy kext with the modified plist loaded. There are symbolic links so the kext will load the binary and other files from the OEM kext.
View attachment 133960

Credit to PikerAlpha for his new way of patching AppleHDA method.

That's a great idea... :headbang::D:thumbup:

Thanks..!

After 10.10.3 update get no signal or black screen then i fix it with your mac-xxxxxxx = none

But after rebooting I get slow display and glichy resolution. And it also does not login after entering password. It just spinning after pressing the enter key.

Pl. help to solve it

Thx

After 10.10.3 update get no signal or black screen then i fix it with your mac-xxxxxxx = none

But after rebooting I get slow display and glichy resolution. And it also does not login after entering password. It just spinning after pressing the enter key.

Pl. help to solve it

Thx

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website). Without hardware details no one can help you.

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

Thanks, I update the signatures and also solve the issue by again installing patched kext via kext utility.

But now my wife card is not working any more it is working before but only connected to open and wep connections can you help me to fix it also .

I have this TP- Link Wireless

168C, 001A, 168C, 1052, Qualcomm Atheros, AR2413/AR2414 Wireless Network Adapter [AR5005G(S) 802.11bg]

I need working kext compatible with 10.10.3

And in message app I am not able to login. Pl. help to fix that also

thx/

But now my wife card is not working any more it is working before but only connected to open and wep connections can you help me to fix it also .

I have this TP- Link Wireless

168C, 001A, 168C, 1052, Qualcomm Atheros, AR2413/AR2414 Wireless Network Adapter [AR5005G(S) 802.11bg]

Compatible chipsets and method for enabling are covered here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html (But the guide not updated for 10.10.3, you may have to wait)

And in message app I am not able to login. Pl. help to fix that also

Ask the doubt here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Thanks man. it (#48) worked for me... :) cheers

Still having issues with my system. I've got my GTX 770 hooked up to two 27" Monitors; one via displayport (not working) and the other via DVI (working fine). This was all working in 10.10.2 btw.
I tried both Kexts provided here then I noticed that my board-id (14,2) was not present in the Info.plist file. I manually added it and set string to none.
Still no luck; I even tried setting string to Config1 to see if that made a difference. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back