Contribute
Register

Black Screen After 10.10.3 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still having issues with my system. I've got my GTX 770 hooked up to two 27" Monitors; one via displayport (not working) and the other via DVI (working fine). This was all working in 10.10.2 btw.
I tried both Kexts provided here then I noticed that my board-id (14,2) was not present in the Info.plist file. I manually added it and set string to none.
Still no luck; I even tried setting string to Config1 to see if that made a difference. Any ideas?

Are you using clover??

No, I am using Chimera. Installed with Multibeast 7.2.

No, I am using Chimera. Installed with Multibeast 7.2.

OK. Then what you mean by "I noticed that my board-id (14,2) was not present in the Info.plist file" ??

Are you able to boot into Yosemite without issues (Except QE/CI) ??

So based on some of the other previous comments it looks like the board-ids are of the form Mac-XXXXX and each board-id corresponds to a Mac model-id (like Mac 6,1).
My model-id, Mac-14,2, did not have the corresponding board-id in the Info.plist file (Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61). I added it and then using Kext Wizard installed the modified kext and rebuilt the caches. Still no change though.
QE/CI seems to work, it's just my second monitor won't display.

So based on some of the other previous comments it looks like the board-ids are of the form Mac-XXXXX and each board-id corresponds to a Mac model-id (like Mac 6,1).
My model-id, Mac-14,2, did not have the corresponding board-id in the Info.plist file (Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61). I added it and then using Kext Wizard installed the modified kext and rebuilt the caches. Still no change though.
QE/CI seems to work, it's just my second monitor won't display.

Try to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No -f"

Try to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No -f"

Thanks! GraphicsEnabler=No plus my addition seems to have done the trick. Without that update it seemed like displayport wouldn't work.

hi guys! My English is bad, but I will try to help you.
You need to connect in your host and to make modification of the Info.plist file which is on the way

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/

In this file you look for Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = Config1 line and you replace it with Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6 = none

Save.

You do update cache, for example by Kext Utility.
Reboot

;)

Thanks a billion! Fix worked for me! (NVIDIA 650 Ti)

At first it didn't worked when I forgot to check "Repair permissions" along with "Rebuild cache" in Kext Wizard

How can I make the Info.plst file modifications if I'm only able to boot to bash?

How can I make the Info.plst file modifications if I'm only able to boot to bash?

Update your build's hardware details under Profile > Basic Information section in the below format (Profile link is available on the upper right side of this website)

System : Motherboard + BIOS Version + Bootloader (Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU : Detailed CPU Model
Graphics : All Graphics Devices

For Example,
System : GA-Z97X-UD5H (F9F) (CLOVER)
CPU : Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics : Intel HD 4600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980

If you are checking the previous posts then you will get the edited kext.

I saw the kext, but I don't know what to do with it and what commands I should you is bash.
I cannot reach the graphic interface. When I boot simply as I did before, it gets to: on one monitor: sometimes the mouse appears, on the other there is the blinking cursor, and when I write something there, it gets deleted after a while.
At some of my boots, it also wrote for some sec: **** [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

I've already tried to boot with the boot args written here before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back