Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 10.8.2 update worked fine without any tweak, i just had to reinstall the audio from multibeast after the first reboot, and then restart again.
Soon i will buy the 660ti, anyone has it and tried it?
About iTunes, i never used it then i can't help, i just use vlc, clementine and google music :p.

I have a question...the 2 fans that come in your case, are they 3 or 4 pin fans?

I use the BitFenix Prodigy case, too. The fans are 3-pin, so I bought a couple of 4-pin fans separately.

MiGster58 posted a fix here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/59178-itunes-hd-content-not-working-my-ivy-hackintosh.html

Just run iTunes in 32-bit mode, and it works.

Everything works except that iTunes videos do not play: it's just black, no video, no audio. Finding the file and trying to play with QuickTime Player 10.2 gives the same result. But at least VLC works. :)

EDIT: normal .mp4 files or other QuickTime movie files seem to work fine, it's just video from the iTunes store (including movie trailers) that can't be seen.

Hi,

I have almost similar build to yours, except i have the i7-3770K CPU and for this moment still waiting on my graphics card.

Do you have working FaceTime and iMessage ?
iCloud, iTunes and App Store works perfect , but FTime and iMessage dont work .

I tried alot of the options i find in this forum , but no one helps me .

Thanks in advance for your reply :)

grts Eddy

Could this by , because i have to many real apple stuf already linked to my account ?
Because now my original apple Mac Mini keeps asking for the password of iMessage also everytime i log in there ??

The 10.8.2 update worked fine without any tweak, i just had to reinstall the audio from multibeast after the first reboot, and then restart again.
Soon i will buy the 660ti, anyone has it and tried it?
About iTunes, i never used it then i can't help, i just use vlc, clementine and google music :p.

I hope it works fine, mine is incoming one of the days :D

Quick FYI for anyone using this build for any music production

Just plugged my m-audio midi keyboard into one of my front USB 3.0 ports (connected via internal usb 3 header) and everything is working smoothly. Reason and logic no problems. :headbang:

Reason 5
ga-z77n-wifi
i7 3770
(bittermon's "chip" multibeast/BIOS selections)

Karpovnious

I want to thank everyone for all of their help and input. I've just finished building the basic system without the graphic card. I'm using the Chips' HDMI support and a TV, however, I am having an issue, when the system boots it goes through the normal steps, when it changes from the boot apple to the log in screen to the screen goes nuts! it looks like there are several log in screens with horizontal bars running across the screen. If I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in it clears the problem.. Does anyone have any ideas????

I want to thank everyone for all of their help and input. I've just finished building the basic system without the graphic card. I'm using the Chips' HDMI support and a TV, however, I am having an issue, when the system boots it goes through the normal steps, when it changes from the boot apple to the log in screen to the screen goes nuts! it looks like there are several log in screens with horizontal bars running across the screen. If I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it back in it clears the problem.. Does anyone have any ideas????
Yes, I had a similar issue. Check the first post for some tips/link, and the first pages for the discussion.

Did anyone have issues with sleep? I have run BitterMelon's BIOS and Multibeast settings and sleep does not work for me, it seems that the display does not wake properly after sleep. (HDMI DSDT with HDMI Audio.)

z77n-WiFi, i5 3570k, 8GB Corsair RAM, SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back