Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
see my previous post, set the system definition to Macpro 3,1 solved this problem for me.

Ok.....
Does anyone else have a problem with popping speakers ? When the volumes muted and lets say a email arrives the speakers " pop " at first it didn't bother me but I'm sure its getting worse !
I think I read you had the same problem BitterMelon , Did you ever fix it ? Or find out what it was ?

Check - Audio Popping Solutions Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx

I just use macpro 3,1 def.

Hello everyone,
first of all thanks to bittermelon for the suggested build. I just assembled my build similar to yours:
Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI
Intel i5-3570K
Powercolor HD 4870
Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced
Patriot DDR3 2133 2x4GB

I installed unibeast and i succesfully booted to my usb, but i can't reach the langauge selection of the installation of mountain lion, it just hangs at the gray screen right before that (not the kernel panic, the background of the language selection). I tried many boot flags but the problem seems not to be in the booting process...
Does anyone have any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks
:)

PROBLEM SOLVED: my cat solved my problem playing with my mouse :lol: , I saw the arrow appearing form the side of the screen, so i just had to change the video port.

Hi,

I am trying to make a rig very similar build to yours. My hardware:

My specs -
ga-z77n-wifi (stock wifi card)
256 GB SSD OCZ Vertex 4
16 GB mem
EVGA gtx 650 ti SSC

I can't get to the installer in unibeast. Any tips that worked for you?

Thank you.!
You mean it doesn't boot? Where does it hang?

Only tip I can think of without any info is to use one of the USB 2.0 ports, not USB 3.0.

Hi BitterMelon!

First of all, you're build is fantastic! Got the exact same build, but bought a different graphics card, EVGA Geforce 670. But I'm not having problem with the graphics, but in order to help you might need the spec, so there you go ;)
I'm having a problem with my USB for use of my iPhone 5. My iPhone shows up in System Profiler, doesn't charge or show up in iTunes (version 10.7 and 11). Here is a link to my System Profiler:
http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/6800/skrmbillede20121208kl16.png

In the window a the right buttom (iPhone is the header) at the last line where it says:
Krævet strøm (mA): Ukendt (enhed er ikke konfigureret) = Required power (mA): Unknown (device is not configured)

It's like there needs to be installed a driver, but I have tried, trash the AppleMobileDevice.kext, and reinstall iTunes, didn't work. I hope you have the solution for my problem, as you may be having an iPhone and you got the same MB as me.

Thanks!

Hyttedude

Hi,

I am trying to make a rig very similar build to yours. My hardware:

My specs -
ga-z77n-wifi (stock wifi card)
256 GB SSD OCZ Vertex 4
16 GB mem
EVGA gtx 650 ti SSC

I can't get to the installer in unibeast. Any tips that worked for you?

Thank you.!
First, the 650 Ti is not yet supported by Mountain Lion (probably in 10.8.3); the wifi card is also not supported. So, take the graphics and wifi cards out and install Mountain Lion using the motherboard's DVI connection. Be sure to change the BIOS to the correct settings, including the HD4000, as I've indicated in my Thunderball build description (different motherboard, but close enough). You should be able to install using HD4000 graphics with your UniBeast USB thumb drive if you've purchased Install Mountain Lion app from the Apple Macintosh App Store using another Mac or hackintosh; UniBeast will not work with any other form of Mountain Lion.

After you' have Mountain Lion installed, follow the directions at the end of my Thunderball build description or see post #32: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...th-gtx-650-ti-mountain-lion-4.html#post494577 Or just wait for Mountain Lion 10.8.3 to be released. My 650 Ti runs GREAT!

"Also, there is no ODD in the build. I decided I don't need it, I get the games off Steam anyway, and anything else can be put on a USB stick these days."

Hi Chip
I am interested in "Steam" Can you help me with why I would used it, Compared to just buying a game on disc an playing

Thanaks

"Also, there is no ODD in the build. I decided I don't need it, I get the games off Steam anyway, and anything else can be put on a USB stick these days."

Hi Chip
I am interested in "Steam" Can you help me with why I would used it, Compared to just buying a game on disc an playing

Thanaks
Hi!

First off, it's BitterMelon, "Chip" is the computer. ;)

But why should you choose Steam? Because it's easy. Same reason people use services like Netflix or Spotify.
http://store.steampowered.com/

You will need a good Internet connection though (you need to be online to play, plus downloading will take time och slow connections).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back