Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi chip
I have just private messaged to whoever and this was part of it

I have also just tried the stick on a GA B75 board which I have windows7 on for a cnc machine. The stick went right to the startup screen where you select the language. So it seems as though the stick is good.

Hi advesa
When I get the board working I might be able to answer your question

As I'm also running my system on Z77N, I thought I might ask here how you ppl succeeded w HWMonitor. I've tried MultiBeast as well as copying the latest (supposedly) working versions of FakeSMC plus copying over the plugins, but to no avail. I get (what I think is) kernel error every single time.
Screenshot of verbose boot?

My FakeSMC crashed until I removed the OEMSMBios.kext, but that should have been removed in the latest Multibeast, so you don't need to bother about it now. Did you use the latest version (5.1.2), or the one before (5.0.2)?

My FakeSMC crashed until I removed the OEMSMBios.kext, but that should have been removed in the latest Multibeast, so you don't need to bother about it now. Did you use the latest version (5.1.2), or the one before (5.0.2)?

Latest Multibeast don't have ATI Plugin anymore and gives problem to me too.

Neither, I use 5.1.3 :)
Then again, when I use MB FakeSMC.kext looks weird (only contains the plugins - no "base"), so I might try using MB and then replacing FakeSMC + plugins.

I'll try to recreate the error later on today (after trying to remove OEMSMBios.kext).

Hi Bittermelon, hi all,

after seeing your build I immediately decided to build myself the same combo :) Thank you so much for all your information and work!

But I got some problem with my sleep: After a few minutes everything goes to sleep but when I move my mouse to wake it up my old BenQ FP783 screen won't get a signal anymore.... I got no screen!

Do you know how to manage to get sleep to work like it should?

I'm using the GA-Z77N-WIFI, with the i5 3570K and the onboard Intel HD4000 GPU.

Thank you all for any help!

Hey Guys

Problem with USB3 here
Back Panel 2 ports works perfect with USB3 pendrive and USB3 HDD
internal header (right panel USB3 on Prodigy) can't detect any USB2 or 3 storages

need to change something in bios or install some kext for it ?

i have Bluetooth in system performance but can't detect any device.

BOard : Z77N WIFI

BTW if u guys have problem with new Multibeast FakeSMC u can use this kexts

http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=3349

works perfect here.

Does anyone know why the onboard USB3 header doesn't work on these boards (Z77N-H77N WiFi)? I have connected the internal USB3 header to a front panel USB3 ports on a Lian Li case and they won't work either with USB2 or USB3 devices.

BitterLemon et al,

I was looking through Tony Mac's write up on the Mini Mac then saw this Golden Build thread. Well done!! So i've been out and bought the necessary parts.

Gigabyte Z77N, i5 3570k, 16Gb Corsair ram, Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, WD Blue 500GB 7200 rpm HD and a Thermaltake mini ITX case, all supplied by Overclockers .co .uk The build was not an issue. Checked the Bios downloaded ML and created UniBeast. Install went OK and everything looked OK.

However problems began when I used the 5.1.3 Multibeast. No issue using it and selecting the necessary parameters. The problem arose on reboot. My monitor screen took on that broken lines look and through it you can just see multiple instances of the screen. So it was back to here to read through all posts and noting the various work rounds that have been flagged up when using the onboard HD4000 graphics but none of them have worked, its a pity because the system is super fast and seems very stable. So currently I'm just leaving the boot screen via USB stick and doing it that way until I can figure a way forward.

Now I've been thinking about this graphics problem. I'm no expert but the thing that I have picked up in all of this is whether or not users here are using a DVI only monitor or, are those that are having problems like me using an old vga plugged monitor? I saw an article somewhere that went into some detail regarding the different DVI configurations of which there are apparently 3. Could the scrambled screen be a result of this difference?

Are those who are having this screen problem using a DVI to VGA adaptor ? I'm using an adapter from Lindy DVI to VGA X2

Is there a setting in the Bios to cover this i.e. Legacy?

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Over to you guys,

Peter.

Hi Everyone,

Managed to get hold/borrow a monitor with HDMI input and cable. Unplugged DVI to VGA cable and monitor, plugged in HDMI (computer to monitor) and started unit. Booted off USB stick as that was the way I left it. Same stick has MultiBeast on. Followed BitterLemon's screen choices.

Hey ho it now works. Rebooted after Realtek drivers. Awesome, beautiful screen (22" )

So for those of you who have had issues with a scrambled screen after rebooting following MultiBeast install then the DVI output/converter to VGA might be the problem. I can only conclude in my inexperienced way that MultiBeast was not the problem and neither was BitterLemon's screen choices.

I really am chuffed to bits my old MacBook was no longer upgradeable and there was no way on earth I could afford to buy a decent Mac either new or used. Thanks everyone.

Peter.

Are those who are having this screen problem using a DVI to VGA adaptor ? I'm using an adapter from Lindy DVI to VGA X2

Just posting to say that when I had this issue using the HD4000 graphics I was indeed using a DVI to VGA adaptor. I did not have the issue when I used the adaptor from my discrete graphics card (GTX 560 Ti). I am now using mini HDMI to HDMI adaptor supplied with the card, into my Dell S2440L monitor (which by the way is a gorgeous, edge to edge glass display).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back