Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under built in Im trying to install boot0md. but I go to install and I keep getting Chamelon quit unexpectedly

i tried setting up chamilion wizard i installed updates (built in)
and now when i boot up it keeps rebooting over and over again and i cant install to Boot0md it keeps quitting and i cant conect to internet through buildbot

Can I get some love? I'll be happy to provide additional information if needed:

Only issue I'm now dealing with regards HWMonitor. I followed the directions correctly, I believe, but HWMonitor does not show any information. Everything is greyed out. Any ideas? Same mobo and cpu, but with 670 installed. Thanks.

sLcMac, I had a similar problem. When I first setup the box, I used Multibeast 5.0.2 and deleted the OemSMBIOS.kext plugin before rebooting as per BitterMelon's instruction. It was working fine then.

A couple of days later, I saw a newer version 5.1.2 of Multibeast had been released, which I then used to change my system definition from iMac 12,2 to Mac mini. Then the HWmonitor stopped working. As you've described, I could run it, but no sensors detected.

I deleted the app from the applications folder and then reinstalled HWmonitor through Multibeast 5.1.2. Rebooted and then it was fine again.

Hi, i need a full function WIFI, what the best card i can buy to work with my Z77N ???
Thanks
Did you read my first post? Dell DW1515.

sLcMac, I had a similar problem. When I first setup the box, I used Multibeast 5.0.2 and deleted the OemSMBIOS.kext plugin before rebooting as per BitterMelon's instruction. It was working fine then.

A couple of days later, I saw a newer version 5.1.2 of Multibeast had been released, which I then used to change my system definition from iMac 12,2 to Mac mini. Then the HWmonitor stopped working. As you've described, I could run it, but no sensors detected.

I deleted the app from the applications folder and then reinstalled HWmonitor through Multibeast 5.1.2. Rebooted and then it was fine again.

Thank you. I'll give that a try this afternoon and report back. Would love to get it working.

A few additions to this wonderful thread...

Attached is an icns (icons) file with the white BitFenix prodigy with a transparent background. This will look nice in your About My Mac screen. I had to gzip the file due to file type restrictions on tonymac.

I would highly recommend the SilverStone ST45SF-G power supply for a BitFenix Prodigy build. Its an SFX form factor PSU with an ATX adapter plate. It's features 450W @ 80+ gold rating and is fully modular. It easily fits into the Prodigy's PSU bay and makes wire routing a piece of cake. It includes all of the cabling and power output necessary to support BitterMelon's hardware list (including the HD 6870).

Thanks for motivating me to spend more money on my computer by migrating to the Prodigy! ;)

Attachments

• com.apple.imac-unibody-27.icns.gz
    245.7 KB · Views: 127

Well, tried that and still get the same result.

When I open terminal and cut and paste the code to remove OemSMBIOS.kext, I get an error that states no such file or extension exists. Is that the issue? Did I miss a step somewhere along the way? Hmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back