Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really interested in this build, but the gigabyte board has bad reviews on newegg which concerns me a bit. Granted, there're only a few reviews, but all the bad ones are "DOA" stories. I wonder how tight is the quality control on this board and if it's made of high quality components. Does it seem like a durable board that can last years?

Thanks.

I have just completed essentially the same build but with a GTX 560 Ti card instead.

I had to completely reinstall in order to get this card to work and I had to boot UniBeast with PCIRootUID=0 and again boot into my installation with PCIRootUID=0 in order to apply Multibeast settings. This is all with the card plugged in and running (as a pose to the Chip installation where HD4000 onboard graphics were used).

I used the same Multibeast settings as the Chip build.

Thnx melon, I do remember downloading a bunch of dif audio drivers, this may be my problem, but I don't know how to erase the other ones, or just redo my mb setings
You probably have to manually erase them from /System/Library/Extensions. I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly which ones to delete though.

I can confirm that you have to install the drivers from the CD included with the motherboard. I didn't have an optical drive working so I had to download the driver from the Gigabyte website and put it on a USB thumb drive to get ethernet to work.
Oh, right. The original WiFi kicked in OOB in Windows, that's how I got a network connection to download the rest of the drivers (no optical). Now I remember. :D

Sorry to interrupt you guys but I have just built a rig based on this same board. I bought the same wifi replacement from eBay (used your link), followed your instructions for Multibeast and installing Fake SMC. Everything works.

Except one thing. When I choose Shut Down in OS X the computer shuts down but then restarts of its own accord. I read that this can be solved by disabling Wake on Lan in the BIOS, but for the life of me, I can't find where this setting is. I'm assuming you have dealt with this issue at some point.

Thanks in advance for your help.

8054249293_128afc9150_t.jpg
Bluetooth (onboard)
8054249293_128afc9150_t.jpg

Did you get this to work with the Atheros 9820?

Thanks

Hi, i finally had a successful Unibeast ML installation on my Z77N WIFI with internal HD 4000 graphics without changes nothing in UEFI bios, just load default, everything is working, excepted after run Multibeast and change HD 4000 graphics to my Radeon HD 6870 no matter connection i try (HDMI or DVI) the withe screen with the apple logo appears then spin for 50/60 sec and stop.
My system:
Cooler Master E200
I5 3750K
16GB GSkill
Corsair H60
Radeon HD 6870
SSD Samsung 256GB for Mac OS X
Black Caviar 1TB for files
Sony Blu-Ray
Any solution ???
Thanks

BitterMelon,
I just saw something interesting. After installing the DSDT that I got to get HDMI audio, the system definition changed to Mac Pro 3.1 from iMac 12.2 i think it was. Any thoughts?

got internet to work on windows, i updated my nividia card and that seemed to take away black border on windows, i downloaded chamilion wizard and im trying to install it now but it says i have no internet connection and it cant download the files i need, but i do have internet connection am i doing something wrong?

Except one thing. When I choose Shut Down in OS X the computer shuts down but then restarts of its own accord. I read that this can be solved by disabling Wake on Lan in the BIOS, but for the life of me, I can't find where this setting is. I'm assuming you have dealt with this issue at some point.
I did not have this issue.

Bluetooth (onboard)
Did you get this to work with the atheros 9820?
Obviously not, as the onboard Bluetooth is on the WiFi card, and hence replaced with it. I use a USB dongle now.

Hi, i finally had a successful Unibeast ML installation on my Z77N WIFI with internal HD 4000 graphics without changes nothing in UEFI bios, just load default, everything is working, excepted after run Multibeast and change HD 4000 graphics to my Radeon HD 6870 no matter connection i try (HDMI or DVI) the withe screen with the apple logo appears then spin for 50/60 sec and stop.
That's strange. What does -v give you?

BitterMelon,
I just saw something interesting. After installing the DSDT that I got to get HDMI audio, the system definition changed to Mac Pro 3.1 from iMac 12.2 i think it was. Any thoughts?
No idea. Not sure if it should even. I haven't tried it yet.

got internet to work on windows, i updated my nividia card and that seemed to take away black border on windows, i downloaded chamilion wizard and im trying to install it now but it says i have no internet connection and it cant download the files i need, but i do have internet connection am i doing something wrong?
You're not supposed to download anything with it, just change the org.chameleon.Boot settings correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back