Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an easier "Mac" way to do this.

Go to the Users and Groups (System Preference) and select your login account; unlock to make changes (bottom left in the window).

Select the Login Items button at the top center of the window.

If you haven't mounted the SMB share, yet, do it now. Then, drag and drop the share icon into the window ("these items will open automatically when you login"). You're done.

I do this procedure for mounting my NAS shares.

See my initial post, this doesn't work for me, I get an unable to mount/server not found message, seems like samba is a little slow to kick in so osx is unable to mount the login item, my workaround at the moment is an applescript that mounts the server 15 seconds after logon which is added as a login item. Anyway, this works for me so I'm happy.

....and back on topic!

I'm afraid I don't know at all. :( Did you install the correct plugins?

No problem. I actually installed the ones relating to FakeSMC after installing ML. Would that be the issue? Do I need to start over and make sure I select those options while doing a fresh install? Thanks.

No problem. I actually installed the ones relating to FakeSMC after installing ML. Would that be the issue? Do I need to start over and make sure I select those options while doing a fresh install? Thanks.

Nope, I did the same thing and monitoring works for me.

Osx ethernet works now but I can't get windows Ethernet to work, and I can't get sound in osx, I downloaded the same kext as bitter melons but its not working.

bitter melon could u pls explain in more detail on how to find, download or use this chamilion wizzard? I couldn't find much help on forums on this topic, and the only help I could find out about Internet not working on windows is something about installing drivers of off cd rom that came with my motherboard, I don't understand what I would have to do hear.

All this hackintoshing is stressful, yet rewarding, almost there thoe dudes, all you're help is very much appreciated.

Osx ethernet works now but I can't get windows Ethernet to work,
I don't remember if Ethernet worked OOB on Windows, or if I downloaded a driver from Gigabyte's homepage. Either way, there are drivers on the included CD!

and I can't get sound in osx, I downloaded the same kext as bitter melons but its not working.
If you installed the same audio kext (and no other audio kext) then it really should work. Does it detect the soundcard?

bitter melon could u pls explain in more detail on how to find, download or use this chamilion wizzard? I couldn't find much help on forums on this topic
https://www.google.com/search?q=chameleon+wizard

, and the only help I could find out about Internet not working on windows is something about installing drivers of off cd rom that came with my motherboard, I don't understand what I would have to do hear.
Seriously? It means install drivers from the CD that came with the motherboard. How is that unclear?

Nice build! I'm thinking of building a somewhat similar build but with the h77n instead since z77n is not available in my country yet. Do you have any problems installing the graphics card? I'm thinking of getting the same card but have read that it seems Powercolor HD6870 is a better choice. Any difference you think?

I don't remember if Ethernet worked OOB on Windows, or if I downloaded a driver from Gigabyte's homepage. Either way, there are drivers on the included CD!

I can confirm that you have to install the drivers from the CD included with the motherboard. I didn't have an optical drive working so I had to download the driver from the Gigabyte website and put it on a USB thumb drive to get ethernet to work.

Can I get some love? I'll be happy to provide additional information if needed:

Only issue I'm now dealing with regards HWMonitor. I followed the directions correctly, I believe, but HWMonitor does not show any information. Everything is greyed out. Any ideas? Same mobo and cpu, but with 670 installed. Thanks.

Stand by for a tonymacx86 article on the use FakeSMC and it's plug-ins, and HWMonitor.

Nice build! I'm thinking of building a somewhat similar build but with the h77n instead since z77n is not available in my country yet. Do you have any problems installing the graphics card? I'm thinking of getting the same card but have read that it seems Powercolor HD6870 is a better choice. Any difference you think?
Apple has abandon the AMD/ATI graphics CPU's in it's current and (hopefully not) near term future (for a reason the alludes me). So, tonymacx86 is recommending the nVidia 600 series graphics cards in it's Buyers Guide for 2012 (see my signature block for link). While BitterMelon has invested in a 6870 (I've got a 6850), I recommend you seriously consider the nVidia 600 series graphics cards, especially after Apple's recently announced new iMacs. :thumbup:

BTW, I'm seriously thinking about picking up a GTX 570 like this one:
EVGA GeForce GTX 570 HD 1280 MB GDDR5 Dual PCI Express 2.0 DVI/HDMI/DisplayPort SLI Ready Graphics Card, 012-P3-1571-KR for $220 AR shipped
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004L9LT24/
but I'm not a gamer, just a computer user who's looking to go beyond HD4000 in my Thunderball build.

First of all, as you might have guessed from my thread, I like your build.

However, I just found out that Z77N supposedly isnt that OC-friendly. Doesnt that kind of kill the build a bit? It should, at least, make 3570K superfluous, which in turn makes Z77 unnecessary. I'm really hoping that I am wrongly informed about the OC possibilites.
What would be a good alternative to Z77N and 3570K if this build was to be slightly modified?

edit: I should elucidate, what I heard is that u cant change the vcore.

Thnx melon, I do remember downloading a bunch of dif audio drivers, this may be my problem, but I don't know how to erase the other ones, or just redo my mb setings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back