Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only issue I'm now dealing with regards HWMonitor. I followed the directions correctly, I believe, but HWMonitor does not show any information. Everything is greyed out. Any ideas? Same mobo and cpu, but with 670 installed. Thanks.

So I have a strange dilemma here, I ordered my CPU from ncix and told them to reformat my 256gb solid state drive for osx and to just instal windows on my 128gb ssd but they switched what I wanted, so I had to reformat my 256gb ssd to osx journaled and installed osx on it, (what I wanted), and I also had to reformat my 128gb ssd to GUID fat 32, but when I go to install windows it says I can only instal on NTFS hard drives. I can't change to NTFS in disc utility so wtf? I have to take my ssd out and reformat in a windows CPU? Is there no other way?

Yes, it's easy. When you install from the Windows Install disk you will get to a screen near the very beginning of the process where you can see at the bottom some options. I believe but i'm not sure, the one you want is "advanced". If you go there you'll see your partitions and you can format with NTFS.

Try following this...

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167245

I believe that is what you are talking about.

Also, with the internet you referred to earlier, try deleting network devices and adding again, worked for me.

With me the ethernet wasn't working because i had the wrong "system definition". Be certain you have the right in Multibeast per bitterlemons Multibeast setting and then you need to reboot and check in "system preferences" that it changed.

Man thanks for your reply... but i think you dont understand...
I even can install Mountain Lion!!! After turn on and boot via Unibeast i have this panic
I think that is something with UEFI config or my system parts
any idea???
thanks

Ok so I managed to instal windows and osx but I don't know how to boot to chimera, when I start up it goes straight to mountain lion, I have to press a key before osx loads to get to chimera and there I can choose to pick either windows or osx, I want to have this option when I start my CPU.

And for some reason my windows is smaller on my monitor, I set display to 1900x1200
but the actual display is smaller then whAt it should be, I mean I can see a black border around the screen like a crappy DVD that's not formatted to a tv properly.

Ok so I managed to instal windows and osx but I don't know how to boot to chimera, when I start up it goes straight to mountain lion, I have to press a key before osx loads to get to chimera and there I can choose to pick either windows or osx, I want to have this option when I start my CPU.
This is a setting in Chimera/Chameleon. Easiest way is to download Chameleon wizard and set it through that.

And for some reason my windows is smaller on my monitor, I set display to 1900x1200
but the actual display is smaller then whAt it should be, I mean I can see a black border around the screen like a crappy DVD that's not formatted to a tv properly.
Windows is probably underscanning, I had that problem too. Change it in your display settings (nVidia/Radeon settings).

I googled you error message ("should have 4 threads but only found 5") and found this:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...should-have-4-threads-but-only-found-5-a.html

Did you use a DSDT? Did you remember to actually not install the 6870 at all, but leave it outside?
Thanks BitterMelon, like i said i even can install Mountain Lion (i tried Snow Leopard with retail DVD, no success) when i boot via Unibeast i have this panic...
And i cant find any article with Z77N WIFI bios config
If you have any idea please help me
Thanks

Thanks BitterMelon, like i said i even can install Mountain Lion (i tried Snow Leopard with retail DVD, no success) when i boot via Unibeast i have this panic...
And i cant find any article with Z77N WIFI bios config
If you have any idea please help me
Thanks

It worked for me out the box with F2 version of the bios, I also did load optimized defaults and it worked with that, so I would suggest returning it to default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back