Contribute
Register

BitterMelon's "Chip" build: GA-Z77N-WIFI - i5-3570K - HD 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone tell me what is power draw when idle with this mobo?
Thanks!

I meant the whole system, not the Mobo itself.

Could someone tell me what is power draw when idle with this mobo?
Thanks!
I don't really know how to get that reading out of the computer. I don't have any way of measuring it at the wall either. Tips?

You need to have a watt meter which needs to be placed between PC's power cord and wall socket. I bought one recently, my PC eats 160w when idle w/o display. That's a lot.
I think yours eats about 30-40w when idle.

Thanks anyway!

You need to have a watt meter which needs to be placed between PC's power cord and wall socket. I bought one recently, my PC eats 160w when idle w/o display. That's a lot.
I think yours eats about 30-40w when idle.

Thanks anyway!
Edit 1: Major fail, not even the same CPU. Oh well.

Different PSU and GPU no stress test.
Corsair HX650W
Gigabyte GTX670

From Cold boot: Max 0.74A , 105W
Idle: ~0.27A, ~52W

Edit 1: Major fail, not even the same CPU. Oh well.

Different PSU and GPU no stress test.
Corsair HX650W
Gigabyte GTX670

From Cold boot: Max 0.74A , 105W
Idle: ~0.27A, ~52W

My bad, I forgot about Graphics card, so it quite possible to be 40w when idle w/o it.
What CPU do you have? As far as i know, CPU makes difference at load, when idle the difference is about 2-5w if you take Ivy Bridge

Has anyone tried this build with a Sandy Bridge processor (I have the i5 2500K)? I'm not sure if the HD3000 graphics will allow me to do the install prior to adding my Radeon HD6870 to the system. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Does anyone know the process for putting in the new HDMI optimized DSDT on a working Mountain Lion GA-z77n-wifi. I know how to do it with a new system but don't want to break a working system.
Thanks,

Does anyone know the process for putting in the new HDMI optimized DSDT on a working Mountain Lion GA-z77n-wifi. I know how to do it with a new system but don't want to break a working system.
Thanks,
tonymacx86 asked me for a DSDT file so he could put up a pre-modified DSDT in the DSDT library (which he has done). I assume you just put it on the desktop and run through Multibeast, just as you would any DSDT install?

My bad, I forgot about Graphics card, so it quite possible to be 40w when idle w/o it.
What CPU do you have? As far as i know, CPU makes difference at load, when idle the difference is about 2-5w if you take Ivy Bridge

It's a weak Celeron until I can decide for 3570K or 3770K. Either way, a system like this is pretty cheap in wattage no matter how you look at it.
If you wanna go lower then you should aim for a Xeon E3 CPU, 1220Lv2 (got a 1220L in my NAS box) or maybe 1265Lv2 if you want 4 cores.

You can mount 2X 2.5" drives on the right side panel so there should be plenty of room - and you won't have to remove the graphics card. Assuming no optical drive in your rig you'll have the sata ports and drive bays to add 2X 2.5" drives or 1X 3.5" & 1X 2.5".

If you haven't seen it there's video overview of the very versatile Prodigy case @ Newegg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811345017

Enjoy your build.

How the hell am I gonna use 3 SSDs/HDDs 2,5 and one HDD 3,5 if I need an optical drive to install Snow leopard? can I just install leopard and then remove the optical drive?? sorry if this is a stupid question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back