Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have just begun my hackintosh. All of the basics are build (adding cd drive, GPU, fans etc later on) and I begun the installation. I've done the first section of tony86x's guide, up to the point of making the bootable USB. Now I need to enter my BIOS, but I cannot.

I've tried the del button, f12, end. I've tried different USB ports for my USB keyboard as well as two different ps/2 keyboards.
I've reset the CMOS in the 3 possible ways I could find on google (button, battery and short).

What do I do? I literally have been unable to ever enter BIOS with this mobo, it's brand new, as is the processor.

gigabyte z97-d3hp
i7 i4770 3.4ghz
250gb maxtor
300w psu

I think I'm in the same situation. I must have practically been working on the same thing for the first time when you were posting this, then gave up for a few weeks and now I'm back at it.
I'm pretty sure I have everything hooked up properly. I don't get any response from the mobo...fans starting up...lights, whistles, pixie dust...the like...nothing.
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
i7 4790
Corsair RM 650

I think I'm in the same situation. I must have practically been working on the same thing for the first time when you were posting this, then gave up for a few weeks and now I'm back at it.
I'm pretty sure I have everything hooked up properly. I don't get any response from the mobo...fans starting up...lights, whistles, pixie dust...the like...nothing.
GA-Z97X-UD7 TH
i7 4790
Corsair RM 650
Is the wall receptacle working? test with lamp

Check connections:
Plug at wall
plug at PSU (in PSU switch turned on?)
24 pin at mainboard
6/8 pin cpu power at mainboard
if modular PSU, 6/8 pin & 24 pin at PSU

Hey, thanks for the reply way-back-when. In fact, I got it working a long time ago. I had never built a computer before so I was really green on getting the basics together.
Posting newly on the site, and looking at old posts, so wanted to reply and say thanks for taking the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back