Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Predator G5900
CPU
i7 875K
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce 760
Hey there,

i'm trying for two day's now too install BigSur with OC 0.8.0. Getting no issues to boot the install page right now, that's how far i got on my own :crazy:. This ist my first time trying with OpenCore and my last attempt i tried Hackintosh is year's back. So i followed up the stepps from Dortanias Guide - Desktop Lynnfield and Clarkdale - and create my config.plist, got the necessary files like SSDT-EC-DESKTOP.aml. After some stuck's and fixing as i said, i got stuck at the install page of BigSur. I did not get the Keyboard and Mouse to work and could not click any further.

Kexts in use: AppleALC, Lilu, RealtekTRL8111, SMCProcessor, SMCSuperIO, USBinjectAll, VirtuallSMC, WhateverGreen, XHCI-unsupported

Posting the config.plist and last log so u guys hopefully can figure it out or give me some hint's. You can see there what i tried or at least the current stage. Really want to give this PC a new Chance :), there is no OS on the Maschine. I7 875K, H57 Chipset, 8GB DualChannel, 250GB SSD.

Last edited:
USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext will not have any effect on the USB ports in your Lynnfield system.

Given the age of your system I expect it only has Intel USB2 ports built-in, either on the rear I/O plate or as internal header ports on the custom motherboard.

You don't need SMCProcessor.kext or SMCSuperIO.kext when installing macOS. They are add-on kexts for VirtualSMC.kext that help with HW monitoring, they add nothing in respect of aiding your system boot macOS.

You need to think of this Acer system as being similar to an iMac from mid-2009/2010. Those Apple systems can natively run macOS High Sierra. They can be hacked to run newer versions of macOS but with less compatibility comes issues.

You would be best served trying to install macOS Sierra or High Sierra before jumping to any of the newer versions. That way you can resolve any issues that arise, before you attempt to run an incompatible OS.

1. Does your motherboard use a Legacy or UEFI bios?
  2. You probably need to change the Booter > Quirks > SetupVirtualMap entry to false. It is currently enabled in your config.plist.
  3. Your should also boot with the Booter > Quirks > AvoidRuntimeDefrag entry disabled set to false.
  4. You may need to try booting with Kernel > Quirks > AppleCpuPmCfgLock and DisableIoMapper entries enabled, they are currently disabled.
  5. You don't need to use the WhateverGreen.kext boot argument -igfxvesa, as your CPU doesn't use and IGPU. This boot argument sets the IGPU graphics to VESA mode, i.e. low resolution with no acceleration.
  6. You will need to regenerate the SMBIOS data for your setup, as you have stupidly included the serial number etc. in the copy of the config.plist you posted above.
  7. You need to pay attention to the UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries when you try running High Sierra, as the current setting won't work with High Sierra, Mojave or Catalina.
Hope this helps.

Thank you for your reply. I tired to map the USB Ports on Windows using USB-Toolbox 1.1.1 and the PC wont even boot to the Stage i was before. Means, i better try as u said and make a new clean try.

The SMBIOS i generated with GenSMBios but i dont even know what i've changed on detail on my config.plist, too much tested ^^. Do you mean it would be easy to update from High Sierra up to BigSur? The PC has a Geforce 760 installed, its compatible for up to BigSur i think. What should i do, try BigSur with your config.plist settings above or make a high sierra and then update?

I would recommend you install High Sierra. You can always upgrade to a newer version once you have macOS installed.

You would also be able to use the XhciPortLimit quirk while installing macOS High Sierra, as it still works in that version of macOS. So no need to create the USBMap/Toolbox kext in Windows, as once you have High Sierra installed you can follow the USB guide created by UtterDisbelief in macOS.

Hi, i tried to install High Sierra as recommended. I made everything from scratch but i am stuck at exactly the same point as installing BigSur. Everything goes well till the install/language screen of the OS, then no mouse/keyboard working.

Tested XhciPortLimit qurik on/off - with/without USBinjectALL Kext - with/without XHCI-unsupported Kext

How can that be that none of my usb seems to work in that specific screen? I tried all of my ports nothing seems to work. The Opencore protocoll is empty of failures. I used the same OpenCore version as in the BigSur try.

Attachments

• config.plist
    28.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
  1. I assume the system is using the Intel 5-series chipset.
  2. Do you have a PCIe USB 3.0 adapter card installed in the system, i.e. in the spare PCIe x1 slot?
    • If not then using the XhciPortLimit quirk will do nothing for your system. As it doesn't work with USB2 only setups.
    • Neither will adding USBInjectAll.kext, debug version or release. They simply don't contain the Setup for your USB ports.
  3. The motherboard in the system only has USB2 ports, 10 of them if the specs I read are correct.
    • Of those 10 none will match with a Device-ID for any USB controller in use in a newer series Intel board.
    • You would be best served removing any and all USB related kexts you have installed.
    • You might want to try enabling ReleaseUsbOwnership quirk in the UEFI section of your config.plist. This Quirk is a match for the old Clover Devices> USB > FixOwnership option, which most older systems required.
    • You may need to interrogate your DSDT.aml to see which Device names your USB ports use.
  4. While you have a Lynnfield i7-875K CPU, it needs to be treated as a Clarkdale series system.
  5. When running a version of macOS newer than High Sierra you need to use a different SMBIOS, as the Lynnfield and Clarkdale iMac11,1 and 11,2 SMBIOS's won't work beyond High Sierra.
  6. For Mojave or newer you need to use the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS.
  7. You may be better served using the MacPro6,1 SMBIOS for High Sierra, if you are switching between the two OS's.

Hey, your right the System is using the Intel 5-series chipset (USB). But solving the installer problem was by doing the step 3.3 enabling ReleaseUsbOwnership. After i saw that working, immediately got back to BigSur because its the latest supported for my Geforce 760. It installed at first try and all seemed working, Graphics, USB (onboard - without PCIe 3.0 adapter), HDMI Soundoutput, Network, CPUPowermanagment and so on. But Onboard Audio wasnt working so Downloaded the latest ALC Kext and added aclid=5 and rebooted. Then i realized its not working and a really long boot time like 4-5min. I tried now all the AlcId's i found for Alc662 and no one worked, also i tried alcid=2 beause mine is Alc662vd and for others 2 seemed working.

While booting with the ALC-Kext it's stuck for many minutes at this:

IOKit Daemon (kernelmanagerd) stall(0), (60s): 'ACPI_SMC_PlattformPlugin', 'NVDAHal', 'NVDA,Display-A'. 'IOHDACodecFunction', 'IOUSBHostInterface', 'IOUSBInterface', 'IOUSBHostInterface', 'IOResources', IOTimeSyncLocalClockPort::handleGeneralNotification <ptr>

As said without ALC booting in no time and without that stage 'IOkit Daemon' at all. In Verbose i saw before the IOkit message it says something like AppleSMBusPCI::start failed to get acpi path for provider, so i tried making manuell SSDT'S with my DSDT. But nothing did solve the booting time with ALC-Kext Enabled nor it worked after 5min booting after every id chance. Everything besides as said is working, How can i fix this last issue ? can it be that i need working smbus kext? because when im tring to make the related changes with MACIAsl it refuses. in SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml line 24 for ex. i cant rigth External (_SB.PCI0.8086, DeviceObj) or (_SB.PCI0.PCI8086, DeviceObj). See Attached files.

For people that cant install mac on Systems like mine Lynnfiled/Clarkdale you can look at this https://github.com/luchina-gabriel/BASE-EFI-INTEL-DESKTOP-1STGEN-LYNNFIELD-CLARKDALE

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-10 um 23.57.03.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-10 um 23.57.03.png
    350.5 KB · Views: 35
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-10 um 23.58.01.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-10 um 23.58.01.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Great to hear you have your system up and running with Big Sur.

You may have to use VoodooHDA.kext instead of AppleALC.kext with your system. I have a couple of older systems that don't work with AppleALC.kext, even though they have Realtek Audio codecs.

You might need to see what is presented when you check to see if the SMBus controller is working. In order to tell whether you need it or not.

The Terminal Command to check if it is working is shown below.

kextstat | grep -E "AppleSMBusController|AppleSMBusPCI"

If you get a response like the one shown in the image below, then your system doesn't need the SSDT.
Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 23.36.17.png

The ACPI path for the SMBus device may require a Rename Patch to Find and Replace 'pci8086,3B30' with 'SMBS'.

Find > pci8086,3B30 - Hex - 706369383038362C33423330
Replace > SMBS - Hex - 534D4253

This would at least give the device a more common APCI name, which you could use in the SSDT.

Hey, (1)first thank you for spending time into this legacy system. (2)Secondly I think smbus is working, but I don't know if I placed the patch in the right place (*57.png) ? although it is outputting something like you postet above.(The upper one in the attachment *26.png is with SSDT-SBUS-MCHC and under it without the Kext loaded. )

3. I don't get the audio working, with VoodooHDA.kext system boot time is ±1min but no audio working for me. And with AppleALC HDMI audio on Geforce 760 only is working but boot time ±6min
How can I get sound working without buying a new sound card?

4. After some tries at audio the system felt slow and after looking at clocks I realized the cpu didn't clock more then 1.19Ghz at Multipier x9. So the CpuPowerManagement is the problem. Tested CPUTscSync.kext, VoodooTSCSync booth booted without problem but had no effect on clocks.
Then I loaded the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and it seemed working but was unstable after Hours I found the Option DummyPowerManagement in config.plist - Kernel/Emulate/ after set it True the system runs at 2.9Ghz (max without Turbo boost). Since the CPU is Lynnfield the Script ssdtPRGen.sh doesn't run too. Is there a way that I am overseeing? But its not as Important as the Audio problem since now I get so say full speed :thumbup:.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-11 um 03.32.26.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-11 um 03.32.26.png
    115 KB · Views: 38
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-11 um 15.35.57.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-06-11 um 15.35.57.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 35
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back