Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
H81M/CS-BR
CPU
i7-4790
Graphics
RX 570
Hello, I've just updated from High Sierra to Big Sur after buying a new GPU (from GTX 1050Ti to RX 570). After everything went right, I started noticing that now the Mac OS is running really slow to perform basic tasks such as opening another chrome tab.
I performed a vanilla clean install and formatted completely the hard drive in which the High Sierra was installed. I'm a software developer so I need really good performance to run Xcode simulators.

Does anybody knows what can help?

Attachments

• Here is what it takes for a basic installation.png
    Here is what it takes for a basic installation.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 71
Hello, I've just updated from High Sierra to Big Sur after buying a new GPU (from GTX 1050Ti to RX 570). After everything went right, I started noticing that now the Mac OS is running really slow to perform basic tasks such as opening another chrome tab.
I performed a vanilla clean install and formatted completely the hard drive in which the High Sierra was installed. I'm a software developer so I need really good performance to run Xcode simulators.

Does anybody knows what can help?
if you upload your clover or opencore folder (zipped), then someone may be able to take a look and shed some insight....

Here you go.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    71.5 MB · Views: 91
Here you go.
you can remove from boot arguments:
debug=0x100

no idea what nvda_drv_vrl=1 is... remove that

everything else looks ok

how much ram you got on your machine? also what make/model is your system hard drive?

you can remove from boot arguments:
debug=0x100

no idea what nvda_drv_vrl=1 is... remove that

everything else looks ok

how much ram you got on your machine? also what make/model is your system hard drive?
I've got 8 GB RAM at my machine. My system hard drive has got 500 GB of storage, and I do dual boot with windows 10, but this one has got its own separate HDD (1TB). I don't know the model precisely, sorry.

I've got 8 GB RAM at my machine. My system hard drive has got 500 GB of storage, and I do dual boot with windows 10, but this one has got its own separate HDD (1TB). I don't know the model precisely, sorry.
8GB Ram may be the cause

also you have the old style chunky spindle drives, that can cause slowness as they are a lot slower than m2/nvme drives

do you have the same issue on windows?

8GB Ram may be the cause

also you have the old style chunky spindle drives, that can cause slowness as they are a lot slower than m2/nvme drives

do you have the same issue on windows?
I actually do when I want to play some games, usually when using some mods or playing current ones. So, the issue is hardware related?

I actually do when I want to play some games, usually when using some mods or playing current ones. So, the issue is hardware related?
must be then... :)

double your ram if you can.... (I like rhyming :) )

also look into an nvme or m2 drive if your motherboard supports it as that would speed up your system big time

must be then... :)

double your ram if you can.... (I like rhyming :) )

also look into an nvme or m2 drive if your motherboard supports it as that would speed up your system big time
I'll look into it thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back