Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime B365 Plus
CPU
Intel Core i7 9700
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
hello guys.. hope this is correct place to post
am new to Hackintosh and searched alot but stuck with this and can not configure it out.. an expert mac user but moved to PC
installed successfully with Clover but OC gives me headache
followed the guide on github as well as some Tube videos
here is my boot log error
please replay me patiently im totally new with this.. thank you

Attachments

• opencore-2021-03-24-025714.txt
    256 KB · Views: 134
hello guys.. hope this is correct place to post
am new to Hackintosh and searched alot but stuck with this and can not configure it out.. an expert mac user but moved to PC
installed successfully with Clover but OC gives me headache
followed the guide on github as well as some Tube videos
here is my boot log error
please replay me patiently im totally new with this.. thank you
Hi iRezaMac,

I'm not an expert. But I think you're running up against one of the problems described here:

What I have learned from my many OC fails but finally succeeded on Intels and AMD:

Many fails are due to errant UEFI settings. As noted above the kext troubleshooting guides, although cryptic, can point out errors. Lots of posted lists for UEFI settings are actually incomplete.

If using iGPU do diligent research about settings. An AMD polaris GPU eliminates many problems (but sadly these are now unobtanium).

Be sure to use the recommended Symbios. You can fiddle with that for some Intel chipsets once things are working.

Don't assume the configp is correct just because it passed the sanity check, and with the sanity check be sure it is set for the correct chipset. Read the expanded section of the guide as alternative settings may work better for you.

Start with pre-built SSDTs et al. Be sure everything is populated where it should be in the configp. You can fiddle with those once things are working.

Use the latest version of OpenCore, 6.7 unless it has been already updated.

If you have a working Apple machine what I always do, Clover and now Open Core, is to install the OS to a USB adapted drive from the Apple machine (or a working Hackintosh). That saves much time as one "only" needs create a working EFI. You can also start with a clone, for example of Catalina, from any working source (Apple or Hack) as long as you make sure your identifiers (UUID, serial numbers etc) are unique in your new EFI-DRMed programs won't work but that's no biggie. If your OpenCore boots Catalina it should also successfully update to BigSur ("should" doesn't guarantee it will, sadly).

thanks for the replay guys.. investigated around many posts / videos and etc i can run with Clover but Open core seems odd to me.. i created a new total clean flash install of Catalina but stuck at the boot section.. here i attach my EFI folder .. hope someone recognizes where do i go wrong
Core i7 9700 | Asus Prime B365 Plus | 32Gb DDR4 | HDD | Intel UHD 360

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 76
Saw a few things in your config.plist:
1) In Misc/Security/SecureBootModel you have "Default." IMHO that should be "Disabled" at least until you get everything working.
2) In NVRAM/Add, third line down, the "csr-active-config" argument is "en-US:0"; that should be "00000000" and "DATA".
3) The "pref-lang-kbd" line should be changed to "en-US:0" and "DATA" should be changed to "String".
4) In Misc/Security/Vault you have "Secure," you should have "Optional". This is very important.

(This is not a "guaranteed complete" list, but hope that helps. There are some other oddities but they might be OK.)

This is a great guide for CoffeeLake OpenCore builds, IMHO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back