Contribute
Register

Big Sur OpenCore Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Wifi + Gigabyte RX 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
@squidder do you still need the EFI
I am sorry I missed the email notification

@aftamohd Can you explain a bit explicitly your process for migrating to OC from Clover and updating to Big Sur? I'm on Clover v5119 and Mojave on an Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 with a 8700K and Radeon Vega 56 which works great. I'm assuming that I need to first convert my Clover to Open Core, make sure that works, then upgrade directly to Big Sur. I'm wondering if I can get OC working with a modification of your EFI on Mojave, and if I can just use the Mac Store download of BS and install directly without USB stick drive after that.

Hi Mate, @BrooklynHack

I tried clover but failed.
try using OC and install from scratch may be on a new HD
I can say BigSur works flawlessly till date without any issue.

Hi
I have the same build you have Ga-Z370 G5+I9 9900KRX5700XT
Have you update to bigsur 11.3 I have problems with the usb ports.
Tried to map usb ports but still the same. Something went wrong.

Hey.
Thanks a lot for your help :)
In the meantime I have been working on my side too... and succeeded !

Here is what I did:

- I used the topic from Svart dedicated to GA Z370 Gaming 7 on OpenCore and Catalina which was working fine for me... but not on Big Sur:

- I used the famous topic from Casey dedicated to GA Z490 Vision D to understand how to update OC from Svart in order to run Big Sur:

And everything went smoothly.
For those who are running the same configuration I enclose my EFI, in case it may help :) ;-)
I tried running this EFI build (for Gigabyte z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming WiFi) on my PC (Gigabyte z370 aorus ultra gaming 2.0) and when trying to run the macOS Big Sur installer I encounter a blank gray screen with a cursor. + the USB mouse does not work (the keyboard works). Can you tell me how I can fix this? Thanks
Hardware:
Board: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700
GPU: Intel UHD Graphics 630
P.S above is the message from which I downloaded the EFI

You should have a look here... The EFI is directly available through this wonderful Apps !

Thanks. And this is a ready-made EFI, that is, I do not need to do anything except change the serial number in the SMBIOS section?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back