Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all,

I have set up a system with OpenCore on Gigabyte Z490 following the thread of the very well known Mr Casey :).
I need to do the same with a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Wifi.
Surprisingly I did not find any thread with a functional EFI available on Big Sur and Opencore for this motherboard.
Did I miss something?
I am stuck on a kernel panic while booting and would like to better understand what's happening.

thanks in advance for your invaluable support !
Mac

We do not have the same board but I would guess they are close enough. I have removed my Platform information, the thunderbolt SSDT, and my USB kext. If you continue to get kernel panics you will need to post them. While I likely will not have the answer someone else might but they can never know what it is unless you provide the panic for them to view.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 684
Thanks a lot for your help :)
In the meantime I have been working on my side too... and succeeded !

Here is what I did:

- I used the topic from Svart dedicated to GA Z370 Gaming 7 on OpenCore and Catalina which was working fine for me... but not on Big Sur:

- I used the famous topic from Casey dedicated to GA Z490 Vision D to understand how to update OC from Svart in order to run Big Sur:

And everything went smoothly.
For those who are running the same configuration I enclose my EFI, in case it may help :) ;-)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 647
We do not have the same board but I would guess they are close enough. I have removed my Platform information, the thunderbolt SSDT, and my USB kext. If you continue to get kernel panics you will need to post them. While I likely will not have the answer someone else might but they can never know what it is unless you provide the panic for them to view.
@scottkendall : Could you please share your full EFI of your ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING build. Thanks in advance! Sorry if this is a little off-topic.

@scottkendall : Could you please share your full EFI of your ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING build. Thanks in advance! Sorry if this is a little off-topic.
That is my wife's system I do not like messing with her stuff unless I have to. However, it is just a modified version of Pastrychefs EFI meaning I mapped the USB otherwise it is the same.

Ports are HS/SS 03,04,05,06: HS 11,12,13,14

Last edited:
@scottkendall I'm about to attempt an upgrade to 11.0.1 using OC, and have the same board as you - z370 Aorus Gaming 5. Your EFI post above might be my starting point, but how do I add back in the platform information? (all of my previous hackintosh experience is with Clover - this will be my first OC attempt - thanks for any insights)

@scottkendall I'm about to attempt an upgrade to 11.0.1 using OC, and have the same board as you - z370 Aorus Gaming 5. Your EFI post above might be my starting point, but how do I add back in the platform information? (all of my previous hackintosh experience is with Clover - this will be my first OC attempt - thanks for any insights)
Getting Open-core configurator is the easiest, make sure you create a bootable usb with the new EFI before messing with your boot drive. Once you get everything sorted on the USB drive then transfer it to your boot drive. Keep in mind that is an older EFI and it may not work with the latest release of OC. I would advise you to use it as a guide more then anything and follow the guide: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ as it will teach you the basics of OC and you will be better off for it in the future.

Last edited:
Getting Open-core configurator is the easiest, make sure you create a bootable usb with the new EFI before messing with your boot drive. Once you get everything sorted on the USB drive then transfer it to your boot drive. Keep in mind that is an older EFI and it may not work with the latest release of OC. I would advise you to use it as a guide more then anything and follow the guide: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ as it will teach you the basics of OC and you will be better off for it in the future.
Thanks for the help! I am up and running in Big Sur! Probably the easiest Hackintosh install I've ever done. OC and never going back...

HI Guys
I got Gigabyte z370 Arous Wifi and Radeon AMD Rx 580 graphic card.
I am running Cataline 10.15.7 without any issues
I did prepare a new SSD and wanted to try BIGSUR without disturbing the current setup since I am enjoying the hackintosh for last 8 months without any issues. During some updates I had some freezing issues but with new updates that were resolved automatically.
I did use clover configuration and the same EFI when I boot for BigSUR but stuck on kernel panic.

Can someone please advise if clover would work or I need to used OC
I have no idea about OC since I never used it.
can someone please assist/advise as I would love to try BigSur.

HI Guys
I got Gigabyte z370 Arous Wifi and Radeon AMD Rx 580 graphic card.
I am running Cataline 10.15.7 without any issues
I did prepare a new SSD and wanted to try BIGSUR without disturbing the current setup since I am enjoying the hackintosh for last 8 months without any issues. During some updates I had some freezing issues but with new updates that were resolved automatically.
I did use clover configuration and the same EFI when I boot for BigSUR but stuck on kernel panic.

Can someone please advise if clover would work or I need to used OC
I have no idea about OC since I never used it.
can someone please assist/advise as I would love to try BigSur.
I linked a guide for OC above use it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back