Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 1554.40.18.0.0
Serial Number (system): Default string
Hardware UUID: E002D503-5E04-6305-1B06-800700080009
The first thing I always recomend with a stackshot error of any kind is to disable the IGPU... It is possible it is configured correctly for Catalina but not for Big Sur. I learned this first hand when migrating my laptop over to Big Sur. I never experienced any stackshot errors with my desktop I am guessing because I do not have IGPU enabled. Big Sur is a bit more finicky so a setting that might be wrong in Catalina might need to be correct in Big Sur other wise you will get an error.

The first thing I always recomend with a stackshot error of any kind is to disable the IGPU... It is possible it is configured correctly for Catalina but not for Big Sur. I learned this first hand when migrating my laptop over to Big Sur. I never experienced any stackshot errors with my desktop I am guessing because I do not have IGPU enabled. Big Sur is a bit more finicky so a setting that might be wrong in Catalina might need to be correct in Big Sur other wise you will get an error.
I did disable on bios the internal graphic and using a DVI port on the graphic card to my monitor.

can I run two version of Mac OS on different SSD ?
what I am now seeing is that my iCloud id reports error whenever I log in Catalina...
also I lost the serial number .. Catalina is configured to use clover...
can someone help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 3.43.46 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 3.43.46 PM.png
    95 KB · Views: 50
can I run two version of Mac OS on different SSD ?
what I am now seeing is that my iCloud id reports error whenever I log in Catalina...
also I lost the serial number .. Catalina is configured to use clover...
can someone help
Catalina is not configured to use clover, clover is configured to boot MacOS. Your clover config could likely boot Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra. If you lost the Serial log into iCloud and look at the Macs that are linked to your Apple ID.

Yes you can run two different versions of Mac OS on two different SSD drives. Tonight for the sake of checking some stuff DRM stuff I booted a Catalina drive with a Mac Pro 5,1 & 6,1 and iMac 18,1 system definitions logged into my account on all three of the different system definitions and checked DRM stuff.

If I were you I would forget about the old serial refresh the System definition get a new board number, serial and the likes save the config and reboot. You're likely getting an error because you do not have a serial!

I started the process again!.
Making the bootable file
sudo "/Applications/Install macOS Big Sur.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia" --volume /Volumes/Bs-installer
would mount the EFI and would copy the files that has been shared and would then boot to see how it goes...
hectic process but something to learn with all new install on Hackintosh!>.

@scottkendall how can I generate the ACPI file for Sapphire Radeon RX 580 graphic card ?

Radeon RX 580:
Chipset Model: Radeon RX 580
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 8 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x67df
Revision ID: 0x00e7
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1

@scottkendall how can I generate the ACPI file for Sapphire Radeon RX 580 graphic card ?

Radeon RX 580:
Chipset Model: Radeon RX 580
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 8 GB
Vendor: AMD (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x67df
Revision ID: 0x00e7
Metal: Supported, feature set macOS GPUFamily2 v1
The only thing you need for a RX580 GPU is Whatevergreen and Lilu.

I really had a hard time since I was not good with OC... finally made it work !!!
I did connect my iPad via the USB cable and voila Sidecar works perfectly ! It never worked on Catalina.
All Applications works smoothly!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 7.58.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 7.58.32 PM.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 56
Please can you post your EFI.. I think we have similar builds and I had no luck at all with OpenCore over 3 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back