Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the list. I always appreciate the support this site provides.

I have a couple questions about #5: Install completes but can't boot from system drive. My questions are in red.

Can boot from the install USB but not from the system drive
Check that the BIOS is set to boot UEFI
My BIOS is set to boot UEFI & Legacy. Is this okay too?

Confirm that you've installed Clover to the system drive and selected Install for UEFI Booting Only and Install Clover in the ESP
Where on the system drive should Clover be? By 'system drive' do you mean the ESP?
Where do I select "Install for UEFI Booting Only and Install Clover in the ESP"?

Any help is always appreciated.

Hey there,
first of all thank you for this huge list of problem-solving things.

unfortunately at the moment it can´t solve mine.
With the help of this list I made it to the installation of el capitan and a little further but now I´m stuck.
I installed the OS and when asked if restoring a backup I chose restore from Time Machine (like I did it always when putting on a newer OS). After finishing the restoring, the system rebooted and now I´m stuck in a loop. It always reboots at the same point and don`t go further. (At the moment I boot with the usb stick, the system isn`t bootable so far)

I made a photo of the screen before restarting but I cannot find a failure message which gives me a hint how to solve the problem.

Can anyone help me please??

(System: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, i7 2600K 3,4 GHz overclocked (and normaly working fine) to 4,2GHz, EVGA GTX 950, 16GB RAM, Unibeast Bootstick made with Legacy

unbenannt-3.jpg

Hi.

After installation I cant boot to system without USB drive.
Progress bar is grey under logo and nothing changes.

Thanks in advance

Verbose-Mode.jpg

Hey there,
first of all thank you for this huge list of problem-solving things.

unfortunately at the moment it can´t solve mine.
With the help of this list I made it to the installation of el capitan and a little further but now I´m stuck.
I installed the OS and when asked if restoring a backup I chose restore from Time Machine (like I did it always when putting on a newer OS). After finishing the restoring, the system rebooted and now I´m stuck in a loop. It always reboots at the same point and don`t go further. (At the moment I boot with the usb stick, the system isn`t bootable so far)

I made a photo of the screen before restarting but I cannot find a failure message which gives me a hint how to solve the problem.

Can anyone help me please??

(System: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3, i7 2600K 3,4 GHz overclocked (and normaly working fine) to 4,2GHz, EVGA GTX 950, 16GB RAM, Unibeast Bootstick made with Legacy

View attachment 165183

Seems it is caused by EvOreboot.kext, try to remove it.

Hey guys so my problem is odd, because last night when I turned my hack off it was fine and now the next day it wont boot. I haven't updated anything nothing has changed, it used to get 3/4 of the way down the progress bar then go to the lockscreen now it goes all the way to the end super slow and hangs there. I'll post my verbose result, but I'm super confused.

Specs are:
i5 4790k
MSI Gaming 7 mobo
GTX 760 (The web drivers are installed)

IMG_5531.jpg

I guess thats a joke? Either that or I'm missing something :lol:

Doesn't seem like a joke to me. It has "reasonable suggestion" written all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back