Contribute
Register

Big List of Solutions for El Capitan Install Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have added it to my Profile now @ammulder

Your Pentium CPU is not supported in Mavericks, Yosemite or El Capitan. Possibly try installing
Lion or Mountain Lion to see how far you can progress. It's always better to just buy compatible
hardware from the start rather than trying to make a pre-built brand name computer work.
I'm guessing that it is a laptop too, therefore try requesting support in the laptops forum.

I can't seem to figure out exactly what is causing my issue. I am able to get El Capitan to install but after installation it goes into a boot loop. I get the same thing with -x, -f, cpus=1, npci=1, npci=0, slide=0. I get 2 different scenarios with my boot loops. The first (most common) is it actually cuts out before it finishes outputting verbose, it literally quits mid line. The second one shows the whole thing and then restarts after saying System uptime in nanoseconds. Here are the two pictures, sorry the messages only show for a brief time before shutting down so the photos aren't too good. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear back from you shortly!

ASUS P8Z77-V
Intel i7 3770 3.4
Radeon HD7950
ASUS DVD BRN DRW-24B1ST
G.Skill 1600 24GB RAM

IMG_3723.jpgIMG_3722.jpg

You may need to rebuild caches to rid of the last vestiges of EvOreboot.kext (perhaps boot in safe mode or without caches until you can). If you still get the kernel panic in the second photo that specifically names EvOreboot.kext, then it's not gone yet.

I always have been trying to boot in safe mode, and it's not working. However over time I have noticed that it stopped giving the second image error and now is just stopping mid way through "pci (build "

Edit: After removing all my different boot args and only doing -v -x -f, the EvOreboot appeared again :/
Working, on removing again.
IMG_3725.jpg

Now safe mode works but when I try to boot up normally I get stuck here, I'm guessing it has something to do with the GPU VM enabled prompt, however my graphics card (Radeon 7950) are natively supported. I double checked in the kext just to be sure, all my monitors are working, however they all say the graphics cards supporting them is the built in GPU. Also when I go into System Report, the title of the cards only shows 7xxx
IMG_3734.jpg

So I have isolated my issue to the AMD7000Controller.kext However, I need that to run all my screens. I have two Radeon 7950's which both are native to OS X plus, I checked the kext and saw the correct device id. The error is ** GPU Hardware VM is enabled, I have checked around for solutions which a majority of them are people giving modified kexts but they are now too old, and the solutions that aren't that are not working for me. Any idea what else may be wrong with that kext? Thank you again for your time!

Edit: I have seemed to make things worse... I accidentally restarted without the AMD7000Controller.kext and it booted up correctly but only my iGPU screen worked, I move the kext back in and rebuilt cache, but now no matter what (including safe boot) my other monitors won't even budge. Also now in System Report it just says Display instead of Radeon 7xxx, but it still has the same Device ID and other things.

I have a problem with my installer. When I try to boot Mac using ''-v'', I get this. ''+

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++''

It's literally just a bunch of plus signs lined up. That's all I get, nothing else. I'm running an Intel core i7 processor and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760. I tried booting into safe mode but it still doesn't work. I've been waiting for over 10 minutes and nothing has happened. What could be the cause of the problem?

UPDATE:
I found a fix to it already.

I really get all this data but I'm stuck as to where to find or alter kexts under El Capitan. My understanding is that there is no system folder showing under El Cap(right?) and that all the stuff that normally resides in the system folder is in the EFI partition (right?). This being so, where do the kexts reside in the EFI partition? I'm in one of those binds where I have pursued this for so many days that my minds a blank.

Please help to point me in the right direction. My second Hackintosh build is an Acer Aspire 5600U which I'm having sound, wifi and sleep issues which I'm keen to fix.

Well with El Capitan, the /System folder is hidden. And today the idea is to place the kext files into an Extensions folder located in the /Library folder. And to do this you need to know about file permissions and be able to manipulate them in the terminal app… OR use a utility such as KextBeast which is an application that you can download from the “Downloads” folder (see the top menu bar).

Also with the Clover boot loader, you may need to (or want to) add kexts to hidden EFI partition which contains the EFI folder which hold the Clover folder. You can access the EFI partition several ways, but this does take some study. If you use the new version of MultiBeast (ver 8) then it will open the EFI partition and make the appropriate changes for you.

The Acer Aspire 5600U is closer in design to a laptop then a desktop and you may need to seek specific help from the laptop forum(s) here.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back