Contribute
Register

Best Single Slot Low Profile GPU for a Kaby Lake Sierra build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of cuda in a small package! Hope it works out for you with both power and heat.

Lots of cuda in a small package! Hope it works out for you with both power and heat.

Thank you. I expect it'll perform somewhere between the 3gb and 6gb 1060 variants.

There are much smarter ways of getting an SFF enthusiast CUDA powerhouse, if the whole build is planned better. (Like, just get a 1060/1070 ;) ).

But, I'm prepared to "take one for the team".

Who manufactures it? Thanks in advance.

Here we go:

Relative sizes

1. relative sizes.png

Correct slot:
2. correct placement.png

It can fit in the x 4 slot, but length is a problem...
3. top both slots free.png

That blue tab (for those not familiar with Optiplex) is part of the HD/Optical cage.
As you can see, it can't close, the card is about 10mm too long.
Why is this even relevant? If you wanted to put two 1050 ti's in there, for compute/rendering.
... which CAN be done, with some mods. (Dremel - On the CAGE! Not the 1050ti!).
4. it fits but.png

Anyway, here it is from the other side, properly installed.
5. correct way. correct slot.png

A benchie:
Ouch did it get hot!
6. valley.png

Oh. It arrived in a plain white box :eek: Actually a Gt 730 box, inside out!

Not even sure if they are actually "on the market" yet?

Last edited:
Thanks in advance.

Threw a "kill-a-watt" (Australian style) meter at it:

System idle's around 33kW.

40kW, maximum, with bunch of Chrome tabs, a 1080p Youtube video, and a few "monitoring" apps.

Valley, 1080p, settings as previous, averaged 120kW - occasionally - spiked at 140kW.

Superposition ran much lower, 100kW-105kW, of course frame rates 1080p "high" were in the low 30fps's.

This is all on the windows side. I'm new to PC's. And, as this came with win 10, am getting to grips with win/bios/tools/benchmarks first. Don't want to swap drives a lot when I go Hack.

Should be similar process to your Elite 8300, Dell bios willing?

Also reading in depth on RehabMan's [Guides*], to know what's going on under the hood... which takes a bit more effort :crazy:, and - hopefully, eventually - contribute to this forum too. :geek:

* Principia Rehabmathica?

Last edited:
That ASL 1050 Ti looks nice, but I'm really like the 4 mDP on the Quadro P1000. The P1000 is ~145mm but I'm pretty sure the 190mm ASL 1050 Ti would fit in my case (Streacom F7C Alpha) without issue. Obviously I couldn't run more than one, though. For what I do, the P1000 is plenty powerful and shouldn't give me any problems running 3 27" 4k displays with my hackintosh.

That ASL 1050 Ti looks nice, but I'm really like the 4 mDP on Tthe P1000 is plenty powerful and shouldn't give me any problems running 3 27" 4k displays with my hackintosh.

Couldn't agree with you more. And, you get DP 1.4 as well! Talk about future proofing.

This build is a, relatively, 'cheap' way to prototype some ideas on an enthusiast business SFF desktop

I'm a huge "SFF" fan. S4-Mini, Dan-Case, Micro-STX, FlexATX, Thermolab LP-53, Protocase (hint), et al.

Happy hacking :)

Where can I buy ASL GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Low Profile/ Single Slot) card from?

(I would like have one in my Dell Optiplex 9020 hackintosh as well)

I don't really want to use PCI-e X4 slot to install dual slot card as I am currently using it for my PCI-e WiFi card.

That ASL 1050 Ti looks nice, but I'm really like the 4 mDP on the Quadro P1000. The P1000 is ~145mm but I'm pretty sure the 190mm ASL 1050 Ti would fit in my case (Streacom F7C Alpha) without issue. Obviously I couldn't run more than one, though. For what I do, the P1000 is plenty powerful and shouldn't give me any problems running 3 27" 4k displays with my hackintosh.

Thanks for posting so much about your case / graphics combo. I have been lurking for months and am preparing to put together a similar build in Australia depending on which parts I can source.

Where can I buy ASL GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (Low Profile/ Single Slot) card from?

(I would like have one in my Dell Optiplex 9020 hackintosh as well)

I don't really want to use PCI-e X4 slot to install dual slot card as I am currently using it for my PCI-e WiFi card.

Make you a deal.

Do a write up of your 9020 Hack and I'll tell you :thumbup:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back