Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM_4350C2 Bluetooth not working on 12.3

Somehow the bluetoothExternalDongleFailed variable value in NVRAM was changed to 0x01, visible only on hackintool. Fixing this ---- bluetooth works again. Thank you for your help.

Somehow the bluetoothExternalDongleFailed variable value in NVRAM was changed to 0x01, visible only on hackintool. Fixing this ---- bluetooth works again. Thank you for your help.
How did you fix this? I am having the same issue, the change to NVRAM worked but after a reboot it was 0x01 in Hackintool. I tried changing it to 0x00 in Hackintool, was prompted for password, then rebooted but still no bluetooth dongle.

How did you fix this? I am having the same issue, the change to NVRAM worked but after a reboot it was 0x01 in Hackintool. I tried changing it to 0x00 in Hackintool, was prompted for password, then rebooted but still no bluetooth dongle.
Hackintool just shows you that value somehow miraculously changed, changing it back to default in hackintool wont do nothing. Got to change config.plist file in opencore configurator, if you are using it. What kind of dongle are you using?

In fact I had some ports duplicated.
I think i messed up when changing from internal to usb3/usb2 using the hackintool.
I fixed the mapping, upgraded to Opencore 93 and refreshed all kexts.
No change. BT still does not get anywhere. Everything else still works.
I suspect macos does not like this wifi card (Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro 1370 13.3" Genuine Laptop Wireless WiFi Bluetooth Card 04X6020 - BCM94352Z - wifi works/BT does not).
i hackintoshed my thinkpad T470 using other's EFI that shared on github. after comparing and doing some try and error for fixing bluetooth, looks like the issue is the USB mapping.
Finally I use the EFI from
https://github.com/nitingaury/Thinkpad-T470-EFI-Opencore/
The usb mapping on that efi can detect bluetooth and camera.
then adding AirportBrcmFixup.kext for wifi, BlueToolFixup.kext +BrcmFirmwareData.kext + BrcmPatchRAM3.kext for bluetooth.

hope helps member trying to hackintosh T470 and using BCM94350ZAE (FRU:00JT494), or giving idea for other users to solve bluetooth on broadcomm card.

Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 04.16.05.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 04.16.19.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 04.16.59.png
Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 04.17.17.png

i hackintoshed my thinkpad T470 using other's EFI that shared on github. after comparing and doing some try and error for fixing bluetooth, looks like the issue is the USB mapping.
Finally I use the EFI from
https://github.com/nitingaury/Thinkpad-T470-EFI-Opencore/
The usb mapping on that efi can detect bluetooth and camera.
then adding AirportBrcmFixup.kext for wifi, BlueToolFixup.kext +BrcmFirmwareData.kext + BrcmPatchRAM3.kext for bluetooth.

hope helps member trying to hackintosh T470 and using BCM94350ZAE (FRU:00JT494), or giving idea for other users to solve bluetooth on broadcomm card.

View attachment 570029View attachment 570030View attachment 570031View attachment 570032

your ports are not setup correctly:

your ports are not setup correctly:
hi feartech, thanks for commenting. May i know which part shows it's not setup correctly?

To be honest, i did try to make bluetooth works, which led to do usbmapping with hackintool.
unfortunately, contrast to the example on the guide you shared, there's no indication that having usb port for bluetooth to be changed into internal status in my hackintool's USB section. Therefore i search for someone else's EFI which works already, that's where i get the github link i shared in my post. So far, using his mapping, all ports can be used for usb drive. the usb-c can be connected to my dell monitor, supplying power and ethernet connection.

hi feartech, thanks for commenting. May i know which part shows it's not setup correctly?

To be honest, i did try to make bluetooth works, which led to do usbmapping with hackintool.
unfortunately, contrast to the example on the guide you shared, there's no indication that having usb port for bluetooth to be changed into internal status in my hackintool's USB section. Therefore i search for someone else's EFI which works already, that's where i get the github link i shared in my post. So far, using his mapping, all ports can be used for usb drive. the usb-c can be connected to my dell monitor, supplying power and ethernet connection.
you have ports set to internal which shouldn't be set to internal

best to remove all your usb port mapping, make to use at least opencore 0.9.3 and follow the guide

Back