Contribute
Register

BCM94360CS2 bluetooth/wifi adapter - is it compatible and how to install?

Motherboard
Gigabyte B660M DS3H
CPU
i5-12400F
Graphics
RX 6700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello, I'm not very familiar with Hackintosh yet and installed MacOS Sonoma on my PC yesterday. Everything works fine but my Bluetooth adapter (UGREEN bluetooth 5.0 adapter) doesn't work and I only have a LAN connection so no WiFi and therefore no AirDrop. After reading a bit, I realized that I needed a WiFi and Bluetooth adapter and wanted to buy the Fenvi T919, but it is to expensive and I read that it doesn't work very well with AirPods (poor quality, speakers and microphone don't work at the same time) and I need an original Apple adapter.

My question: I found this BCM94360CS2 adapter on Amazon, can I just install it in my motherboard? And do I also have Bluetooth with it? because I don't have a connection for a Bluetooth cable such as with the T919 which you then plug into a mainboard USB header. And does this adapter work in MacOS Sonoma that I have WiFi, Bluetooth and AirDrop and can also connect my AirPods Pro with good sound quality? And if so, do I need any kexts for this?

BCM94360CS2 adapter link: https://www.amazon.de/OLVINS-BCM943...-WiFi-Karte/dp/B07PM5PZH1?tag=tonymacx8603-21

Hello, I'm not very familiar with Hackintosh yet and installed MacOS Sonoma on my PC yesterday. Everything works fine but my Bluetooth adapter (UGREEN bluetooth 5.0 adapter) doesn't work and I only have a LAN connection so no WiFi and therefore no AirDrop. After reading a bit, I realized that I needed a WiFi and Bluetooth adapter and wanted to buy the Fenvi T919, but it is to expensive and I read that it doesn't work very well with AirPods (poor quality, speakers and microphone don't work at the same time) and I need an original Apple adapter.

My question: I found this BCM94360CS2 adapter on Amazon, can I just install it in my motherboard? And do I also have Bluetooth with it? because I don't have a connection for a Bluetooth cable such as with the T919 which you then plug into a mainboard USB header. And does this adapter work in MacOS Sonoma that I have WiFi, Bluetooth and AirDrop and can also connect my AirPods Pro with good sound quality? And if so, do I need any kexts for this?

BCM94360CS2 adapter link: https://www.amazon.de/OLVINS-BCM943...-WiFi-Karte/dp/B07PM5PZH1?tag=tonymacx8603-21

The Apple WiFi/BT card won’t work natively in your PC. You will need a PCIe adapter for the Broadcom WiFi/BT card to work in your desktop system. One like this adapter from Amazon UK.

It comes with a cable for connecting the Bluetooth module to an internal USB header.

As Apple dropped support for the BCM4360xxx series of WiFi/BT cards in macOS Sonoma the only way to implement an older Broadcom card is to use the OpenCore Legacy Patcher (OCLP) Root patches, as linked above by @Feartech .

Back