Contribute
Register

BCM94360CS instead of CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is your card connected? Do you see it in System Information? It should start working once you plug it in.

Does your BCM94360CS look like:
IMG_3772.jpeg

A forum member over at MacRumors got one of these and had trouble with wifi too.

Last edited:
It's installed. I get -44 and -45 for my Apple mouse and keyboard.
However, I can't see that wifi is available. Is it perhaps that my card is not really Apple but appears to be made in China?
Thanks
They all are made in China. Make sure your connection on PCIe is good without dust. Also check PCB of the card to make sure no SMD elements are off because that happens sometimes.

How is your card connected? Do you see it in System Information? It should start working once you plug it in.

View attachment 216592

A forum member over at MacRumors got one of these and had trouble with wifi too.
It is not CS chef but CD on your photo. It is iMac version

View attachment 216592

Same model as mine. Its the iMac version not Macbook Air version which seems to be sold now.

CD or CS should both be plug-n-play. The picture I posted above is a prototype that someone purchased. Apparently, the prototype works up to Yosemite and nothing beyond that...

CD or CS should both be plug-n-play. The picture I posted above is a prototype that someone purchased. Apparently, the prototype works up to Yosemite and nothing beyond that...

You sure its a genuine Apple card?

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 22.49.57.png

The Ebay listing he purchased from said "Original Apple AirPort Extreme Card". You can see his original post here. He only showed the wifi profile in System Information.

The Ebay listing he purchased from said "Original Apple AirPort Extreme Card". You can see his original post here. He only showed the wifi profile in System Information.

Gotta watch with eBay there are a lot of counterfeit cards out there. I bought mine from justop on Amazon.

Yeah... Lots of shady sellers... If these prototype cards are appearing on the market, it could cause some confusion.

Yeah... Lots of shady sellers... If these prototype cards are appearing on the market, it could cause some confusion.

You can actually tell if it's a non apple card anyway by lookin in ioreg device I'd will be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back