Contribute
Register

BCM94360CS instead of CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 20.53.13.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 20.55.55.png
Hello,

i have this card AC 1750M Dual-Band PCI-E BCM94360CS BT4.0 Wireless Wifi Adapter Card W/ Antenna and wifi works fine. So AirDrop works fine and i transfer files from my iPhone.

Bluetooth is enable but it can connect with my trackpad or magic keyboard. And the handoff is enable but it cant work.

How to pair my keyboard and trackpad?

I have an another USB bluetooth and if i plug it the keyboard works fine! But still i cant works handoff.

Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 20.53.13.png
View attachment 324283

Hi,

I'm new here.
I just installed BCM94360CS + PCI-E Adapter and everything works great! handoff/continuity, airdrop, everything works perfectly; however, I notice an issue with my airpods 2, it connects to the BT fine and doesn't disconnect but whenever I play music/audio (youtube/itunes), it plays for a few seconds but then the sound stops but the music is still playing, BT connection is still there, I have to switch the output to my speakers and switch it back to airpods for my airpods to play audio again. The audio doesn't shut off when I'm on a call but that's a difference sound quality anyways (worse quality) and not the music quality.

Any ideas as to why this is happening or anyone know where the issue is coming from?

I'm using a BCM94360CS on a PCI-e adaptor. It has 3 antennas and it has bluetooth. Handoff, Continuity, iMessage, it all works. I only use the bluetooth for my Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad. Reception has been fine for both.
Are you sure it is a BCM94360CS because I checked this card in a Windows 10 PC and the device manager is not showing any BT device.

I have been running a BCM94360CS for a while and it works fine on wifi and using my Apple Magic Trackpad over Bluetooth.
Have just got some Airpods (2) and the mic is terrible quality after pairing them (manually, not through iCloud) with the BCM94360CS. Is this known / is there a newer card that can be used? I'm wondering if it is an issue with signal, but below indicates not? Or would Bluetooth 4.2 card be better?

I get -57dBm when using the with my genuine MBP (and sound is normal), and on hackintosh with BCM94360CS I get -61dBm.

Just installed a BCM94360CS to replace the wifi/bt card that comes with the Asus z170i and bluetooth is working fine, but I have no wifi. Wifi isn't even an option in Networks System Preferences pane and System Report only shows a Software Versions section under Wi-Fi. Could this just be a faulty card? Anything I can do to confirm?

I have been running a BCM94360CS for a while and it works fine on wifi and using my Apple Magic Trackpad over Bluetooth.
Have just got some Airpods (2) and the mic is terrible quality after pairing them (manually, not through iCloud) with the BCM94360CS. Is this known / is there a newer card that can be used? I'm wondering if it is an issue with signal, but below indicates not? Or would Bluetooth 4.2 card be better?

I get -57dBm when using the with my genuine MBP (and sound is normal), and on hackintosh with BCM94360CS I get -61dBm.

Its a signal issue, I've been banging my head against the wall with this same card.

Turn off Wifi and it should work.

The CS is a BT 4.2 card FYI as it shows in my system info.

Its a signal issue, I've been banging my head against the wall with this same card.

Turn off Wifi and it should work.

The CS is a BT 4.2 card FYI as it shows in my system info.
Thanks for the reply. Turning off wifi isn't suitable in my environment (we have no wired ethernet to this machine) so that is a bit of an issue! I have moved away from this machine for day to day use, and use a USB Plantronics headset if required (which is rock solid, but obviously limited by a cable!). Perhaps different antennae or configuration of them might work better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back