Acer A515-51-592H (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core-i5 8250U (100-Series)
Graphics
Intel UHD 620 (1080p)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I am trying to get the Bluetooth of my Hackintosh working.
Currently Wifi is working fine. But Bluetooth isn't.

As seen in my profile I replaced the original Wifi PCI card with the BCM94350ZAE. Unfortunately Bluetooth is neither shown as a USB nor as a PCI device. The "disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit PMHeart)"-patch is currently active for the debugging purposes. My Webcam is shown as a USB3.0 device.

Furthermore I tried to apply the BrcmRam Patch via Clover and via S/L/E. Non worked. The kext wasn't even loaded automatically (Vendor id and product Id present in repo). And there was also no change after I loaded the kext manually. Kexts were installed via Kext Utility.

Problem in Ubuntu is the same. Wifi working. Bluetooth not and not shown with lsusb or lspci.

problem reporting files are attched to this post.

best regards,
spigandromeda
____

sorry for the missing information about functionality in windows. I will add this. Unfortunatly I didn't find a way to remove my own thread. Please ignore till I added this information.

Attachments

• debug_21090.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Hi,

I am trying to get the Bluetooth of my Hackintosh working.
Currently Wifi is working fine. But Bluetooth isn't.

As seen in my profile I replaced the original Wifi PCI card with the BCM94350ZAE. Unfortunately Bluetooth is neither shown as a USB nor as a PCI device. The "disable port limit in XHCI kext (credit PMHeart)"-patch is currently active for the debugging purposes. My Webcam is shown as a USB3.0 device.

Furthermore I tried to apply the BrcmRam Patch via Clover and via S/L/E. Non worked. The kext wasn't even loaded automatically (Vendor id and product Id present in repo). And there was also no change after I loaded the kext manually. Kexts were installed via Kext Utility.

Problem in Ubuntu is the same. Wifi working. Bluetooth not and not shown with lsusb or lspci.

problem reporting files are attched to this post.

best regards,
spigandromeda
____

sorry for the missing information about functionality in windows. I will add this. Unfortunatly I didn't find a way to remove my own thread. Please ignore till I added this information.

Make sure you disabled "fast boot" in BIOS.
Check that your hardware works in Windows.

The Problem in Windows is the same :problem:
I also cannot disable/enable wifi with the Fn-Key. Is it possible that the notebook cannot fully use the replaced card?
The Laptop originalle uses a Qualcomm Atheros QCNFA435. As I see this one has form factor 1630. Does that make a difference respective to the number of pins?

Unfortunatly I have very limited BIOS access. Enabling/Disabling Fastboot is no option.

Ok. I guess there is nothing I can do. How about the BCM94352Z? As far as I read this is the preferred model for hackintosh laptops.

Are there reports about the same problems I experinced with the bcm94350zae?

Ok. I guess there is nothing I can do. How about the BCM94352Z? As far as I read this is the preferred model for hackintosh laptops.

Are there reports about the same problems I experinced with the bcm94350zae?

You could always try installing WiFi recommended hardware as per FAQ:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

And patch ACPI correctly:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Ok. Thats clear. I will propably try that.
I already did some patching of the ACPI. But I guess that won't solve the BL issue?

Sorry. Bluetooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back