Contribute
Register

Battery status on Lenovo t431s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much, you are correct and those really are a match; at this point I have completed patching the DSDT and for the first time to OS sees a battery! The problem is it's always showing 0% charge.. do you know what could be causing that? I really think I covered all the resters and I see AppleSmartBatteryManager 1.40 was loaded by the kernel. It looks like I'm really close but I must miss something I guess..

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

I actually followed your tutorial and converted all the registers myself (I only took from there the 128 bit ones after verifying the code was the same). Do you think I should just apply the original x220? I had done that and it didn't work.. that's why I tried creating it from scratch, even if I'm not an ACPI guru :)

Ok, I see what you mean! Changed the method to the new one and things are working fine apparently.. I do see the battery status.
Thank you SO MUCH for your help and I'll soon send the full patch in case you want to put it into the repository.
:)

Ok, I see what you mean! Changed the method to the new one and things are working fine apparently.. I do see the battery status.
Thank you SO MUCH for your help and I'll soon send the full patch in case you want to put it into the repository.
:)

The RECB method should be updated in the guide post (let me know if something is wrong with it).

And can you do me a favor, and test the patch as it sits in the repo for "Lenovo X220"? I think it is the same patch and if it works on your computer, I'll just add a single line to the patch:
Code:
 # works for:
 #  Lenovo x220
+#  Lenovo t431s

Congratulations on being able to create your own patch using my instructions...

I'm a bit confused to be honest.. I'm 100% sure that the x220 patch in the repository didn't work on my machine but by comparing them quickly I don't see differences. This is the complete patch that worked for me...
View attachment t431s_DSDT.patch.zip
Unfortunately I'm not sure everything is perfect yet.. but a huge improvement nonetheless. THANKS!!!!

I'm a bit confused to be honest.. I'm 100% sure that the x220 patch in the repository didn't work on my machine but by comparing them quickly I don't see differences. This is the complete patch that worked for me...
View attachment 74106
Unfortunately I'm not sure everything is perfect yet.. but a huge improvement nonetheless. THANKS!!!!

I applied both patches to your untouched DSDT. Then I compared them. They result in exactly the same thing. I will add your laptop model to the existing X220 patch in the comments.

Dear all,
after a lot of playing, kernel panics and broken startup sequences I'm almost done configuring Mavericks on my Ivy Bridge Lenovo t431s. Audio, ps2 keyboard and trackpad, hd4000, bluetooth, wireless (got a usb adapter), screen brightness, speedstep.. everything seems to be working fine except one thing: battery status.
I was able to make it work using voodoo battery but then I would have problems making speedstep work under AppleACPIPlatform 1.3.x.
So I decided to take the more complex but apparently better route of keeping AppleACPIPlatform 2.0 and editing the DSDT, but after trying all the Lenovo patches in RehabMan's repository I can't find any that works.
I'm not sure I really understand how to convert all those DSDT registers to 8 bit manually so my question is.. has anybody generated a patch for the t431s? I would be so grateful if you could share on the forum!!
Thank you, Sergio

How did you come up with the whitelist BIOS mod for the T431s for WiFi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back