Contribute
Register

Available for Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not 100% sure about the disc install method as i created a parition and install via that way, but heres an online guide, it should be transferrable to a hackintosh, boot it in verbose mode (-v) on ur bootloader, and if it doesnt boot you need to install a new bootloader on your exisiting osx parition, in theory.

http://www.informationweek.com/byte/how ... /231002151

however, as i haven't installed lion through this process, i cant guarentee it will work, make sure you backup your files.

I already downloaded and installed Lion on my MacBook Pro. Does the disk image still exist somewhere on my disk, or is there some kind of way I can redownload it here, so that I can burn that image to disk so that I can install it on my multibeast desktop setup?

my final post for a bit here as ive had lion now for a bit love it and going to play some games on my windows parition!

when i installed lion i noticed that all my downloads, documents and folders were erased, so you'll have to re-download the app free from your app-store account.

nchase said:
I already downloaded and installed Lion on my MacBook Pro. Does the disk image still exist somewhere on my disk, or is there some kind of way I can redownload it here, so that I can burn that image to disk so that I can install it on my multibeast desktop setup?

As mentioned in a new Apple Support document, you can re-download Lion by alt/option-clicking the purchases tab in the Mac App Store. This will change the option for lion from 'INSTALLED' to 'INSTALL'.

Could anyone confirm if the md5 previously posted (b5d3753c62bfb69866e94dca9336a44a) is the same that the one for the Lion retail version for the file InstallESD.dmg?

Thanks in advance :beachball: :headbang: :beachball: .

nchase said:
to be honest, the best way to approach this would be to copy the Lion installation on your MBP to an external hard disk using something like CCC, then use Chameleon/Chimera to boot off of it. that's how i transitioned my desktop to both DP4 and the GM build, and it works great.

hexdump said:
Could anyone confirm if the md5 previously posted (b5d3753c62bfb69866e94dca9336a44a) is the same that the one for the Lion retail version for the file InstallESD.dmg?

Thanks in advance :beachball: :headbang: :beachball: .

it is.
got the same.

Anyone try a fresh install using iboot 3.1.1 ?

chris7419 said:
Hi all, and thanks John - sorted.
If you're on a hackintosh and you get a message saying that you "can't install 10.7 on this computer", then you have a problem with your SMBIOS. For those not in the know (and I think there 'll be a few here today...) you're SMBIOS is a file that's in your Extra folder that lets OSX now what hardware you have. You need to change it to get Lion to run.
Go to Multibeast, choose Mac Pro 3,1 from the SMBIOS list, and tick System Utilities too.
Then RESTART and you should be ok.

I did that but also get the error saying it cannot install :( any other ideas?

when I look in the system info it shows macpro 3.1 so that part looks good

guide is out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back