Contribute
Register

Available for Download

Status
Not open for further replies.
@johnwilliamson, so change the smbios string in the smbios to what..?
Grateful for your help!

im not 100% sure to be honest as all this lion stuff is pretty new!

i woulnd't mess with it too much incase it corrupts your fine snow leopard install, keep trying and see if it sorts itself out perhaps try to reboot in verbose mode or even safe mode.

and if not im sure not so long some-one will have found a fix as many people have the same issue as you, maybe im the lucky one, or it could be an issue with lion scanning certain hardware such as your cpu, do you have a cpu which is used on an original mac such as a i5 etc?

hope ive been as much help as i can!

I'm downloading now, will post back later to let you guys know what happen, install rig is a ep45-ud3p with 6850 @3.0 4gb mem gts250 1gig
hdd has been clone for safety purposes

Hi all, and thanks John - sorted.
If you're on a hackintosh and you get a message saying that you "can't install 10.7 on this computer", then you have a problem with your SMBIOS. For those not in the know (and I think there 'll be a few here today...) you're SMBIOS is a file that's in your Extra folder that lets OSX now what hardware you have. You need to change it to get Lion to run.
Go to Multibeast, choose Mac Pro 3,1 from the SMBIOS list, and tick System Utilities too.
Then RESTART and you should be ok.

New question - where does it get downloaded to?!!?! It's not in the downloads folder, anyone hunted it down?

it went to applications folder, i'm copying to a thumb drive now

don't downloads from the app store all download automatically then create a shortcut in applications?

Question answered, Ha!

nchase said:
I have a pretty vanilla install here.
When I click Install, I get the following message:
We could not complete your purchase
This version of Mac OS X 10.7 cannot be installed on this computer.

try to set your smbios with one of boardId in PlatformSupport ( Mac OS X InstallESD/System/Library/CoreServices) .... i have run the beast right now :D

I think I have a new solution but it I'll have to wait and see after I finish downloading. I'm not sure if you know already but you can actually turn your lion install into a bootable disc. Maybe, we could run this under iBoot and use it the same way we used snow leopard to get it installing.
http://eggfreckles.net/tech/burning-a-lion-boot-disc/
This is a tutorial on how to get Lion on a bootable disc.
This just might work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back