Contribute
Register

Automatic SSDT/DSDT generation from ProBook Installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is iasl built w/ xcode tools 3.2.6 running on SL 10.6.8. This is using latest Intel sources for iasl (just did 'git pull').

Attachments

• iasl.zip
    329.1 KB · Views: 122
RM, so for who want that the fan work like HP have thinked it have to work, have to select "ONLY" the readings only fan patch, the original fan patch or no fan pacth at all?

Thanks for your patience!

Fan readings or no fan patch at all will give you default HP behavior for the fan (annoying). If you don't select a fan patch at all, you will of course have no idea on Ambient, Heatsink temp or Fan RPM.

Fan readings or no fan patch at all will give you default HP behavior for the fan (annoying). If you don't select a fan patch at all, you will of course have no idea on Ambient, Heatsink temp or Fan RPM.

RM, thanks a lot, now I have clear ideas and I can choose my favourite fan behaviour.

Thank you again!

This should be used with the DSDT generator as well as your SL patchmatic build, right?

Yes, SSDT generator and DSDT/patchmatic stuff.

Edit: Hopefully we have everything in place with compatible binaries now for all three systems: ML/Lion/SL.

Alright guys, new test package. It contains a new DSDT patcher utility by RehabMan, which should work on SL too (the previous one didn't worked). I've just tested the package on ML 10.8.3 and it works perfectly.

Download: View attachment 52169
MD5: 7b6f60cbbb7fa5d3ef9ef15e41c19b4b

14 downloads and no feedback?

philip, I don't know if my feedback is useful, but I used it on ML 10.8.3 with NO problem.
I followed what RehabMan said (backup & remove the DSDT from /Extra/dsdt.aml, reboot, then run the tool).
Just 2 questions:

1. Which ACPI compiler version the script use?
2. Can we run the script without internet? I mean, it don't have to connect to the RM github repo to download and apply the patches, right? The patches are already included in the script and when RM will update one of them, you have to manually update it in the installer too, correct?

BTW, my automatic dsdt generator idea wasn't so bad after all, no?

Thanks and Great job!

1. Which ACPI compiler version the script use?

The latest version stable version (actually RehabMan provided a binary, built from the latest source code and compatible with SL, Lion and ML, but it's not included in this package, it's in the ProBook Installer 6.1b5, which I've just uploaded).

2. Can we run the script without internet? I mean, it don't have to connect to the RM github repo to download and apply the patches, right? The patches are already included in the script and when RM will update one of them, you have to manually update it in the installer too, correct?

All the patches are included in the package, so you don't need Internet connection in order to use them. I'll update the patches in the Installer if/when RehabMan have updated them.

No at all :thumbup:

Well, we know it works on 10.8.3, but I'm now waiting for a version with the SL/Lion compatible bits (iasl) to do any more testing.

I suggest after one successful test of the next version on these other systems, that we bundle it up into the next version of PBI v6.1, along with the SSDT generator, remove all pre-built DSDT and SSDT options from the installer, leaving only the automatic options. Then we will get some feedback.

We have been wanting to do this for a while, and knew it was possible when the source for MaciASL was released. But we needed someone with skills in Objective-C to pull it off. What we didn't know is that person was me!

So, yeah, thanks for the little extra push to force me to try. Hopefully, it all works out for the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back