Contribute
Register

Automatic SSDT/DSDT generation from ProBook Installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This works for me:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' ~/Desktop/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Applied to mine. Thanks.

Guys, is this patch universal or 10.8.3-only, in other words can it be applied against 10.8.2 AppleRTC.kext as well?

I'm going to include this in the postinstall script of every 4x40s option and I'm going to make it to check the md5 sum of AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC and will be applied only if this checksum doesn't match the checksum of the already patched kext (I'll copy AppleRTC.kext outside /S/L/E, then I'll patch it and take the checksum).

Guys, is this patch universal or 10.8.3-only, in other words can it be applied against 10.8.2 AppleRTC.kext as well?

I'm going to include this in the postinstall script of every 4x40s option and I'm going to make it to check the md5 sum of AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC and will be applied only if this checksum doesn't match the checksum of the already patched kext (I'll copy AppleRTC.kext outside /S/L/E, then I'll patch it and take the checksum).
I used it with 10.8.2 too, worked fine.

If AppleRTC changed between 10.8.2 and 10.8.3, then the md5 of the patched result would be different...

Edit: I looked for AppleRTC in the 10.8.3 update PKG and it is not present, so I assume that it is the same in 10.8.2 and 10.8.3.

Ok, is this your checksum?

0358ff88ea284366d84a9ade99fee3fb AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC (patched)
Yes, and i have a version that i believe was from 10.8.2 and has the same checksum after patching... So i guess it was not changed from 10.8.2 - 3.

But to be sure we can double check... If someone has a vanilla AppleRTC from 10.8.2, can upload it here, or apply the patch I posted and then check the checksum.

Thanks. I've just checked the checksums of this one and the one installed in my /S/L/E and they are equal.

So, I think something like this should be added to all 4x40s support kext packages (the postinstall script):

Code:
if [ "$RTCpatched" != "0358ff88ea284366d84a9ade99fee3fb" ]
then
    cp -Rf "$kextdir/AppleRTC.kext" "$BackupDir"
    perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' "$kextdir/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC"
fi

where RTCpatched=`md5 -q $kextdir/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC` and kextdir="$DSTVOLUME/System/Library/Extensions"

Thanks. I've just checked the checksums of this one and the one installed in my /S/L/E and they are equal.

So, I think something like this should be added to all 4x40s support kext packages (the postinstall script):

Code:
if [ "$RTCpatched" != "0358ff88ea284366d84a9ade99fee3fb" ]
then
    cp -Rf "$kextdir/AppleRTC.kext" "$BackupDir"
    perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' "$kextdir/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC"
fi

where RTCpatched=`md5 -q $kextdir/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC` and kextdir="$DSTVOLUME/System/Library/Extensions"

Or you could check for known md5 of vanilla kext. Either way... probably same result.

Or you could check for known md5 of vanilla kext. Either way... probably same result.
Maybe that is better, so if 10.8.4 brings changes it wont patch it... We can test it manually first... Either way does not change much, we will be looking what Apple does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back