Contribute
Register

Automatic SSDT/DSDT generation from ProBook Installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we know it works on 10.8.3, but I'm now waiting for a version with the SL/Lion compatible bits (iasl) to do any more testing.

I suggest after one successful test of the next version on these other systems, that we bundle it up into the next version of PBI v6.1, along with the SSDT generator, remove all pre-built DSDT and SSDT options from the installer, leaving only the automatic options. Then we will get some feedback.

I have no doubt it will work on Lion/SL too, so I've already included the DSDT generator in beta 5, which is already up.

I have no doubt it will work on Lion/SL too, so I've already included the DSDT generator in beta 5, which is already up.

Noticed that. And that you got rid of all the pre-builts! Nice...

You could try this:
Code:
DefinitionBlock("ssdt.aml", "SSDT", 2, "HPQOEM", "general", 0x00001000)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0, DeviceObj)

Device (_SB.PCI0.IMEI)
    {
        Name (_ADR, 0x00160000)
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
            Return (Package()
            {
                "device-id",
                Buffer (0x04) { 0x3A, 0x1C, 0x00, 0x00 }
            })
        }
    }
}
Is it possible to extend that SSDT code with CMOS reset fix? I'm using ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext until installation finishes. I have that CMOS issue on my probook.

Is it possible to extend that SSDT code with CMOS reset fix? I'm using ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext until installation finishes. I have that CMOS issue on my probook.

If it is this patch:

Code:
#   RTC fix
into device name_hid PNP0B00 code_regex (IO\s\((?:\s*[^,]+,\s*(?:\/\/\s.*)?\s*\n)+\s*)(\dx\d+)(,\s*(?:\/\/\s.*)?\s*\n\s*\)) replace_matched begin %10x02%3 end;

Then I don't think so (without taking a close look at what this modifies in the DSDT).

Additions to ACPI namespace are easy to do with SSDT. Deletions and edits (like this one) are not possible with SSDT...

Easiest just to place ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext on the Unibeast USB in /Extra/Extensions.

Is this a universal problem w/ all 4x40s? What happens if you don't have it?

I don't know if it's universal. It happens when turning the computer off (maybe different motherboard/revision?). I don't remember BigDonkey having this issue.

I ordered a WD 7200RPM Scorpio Black (can't afford SSD now) and will do more testing next week after fresh install.

I don't know if it's universal. It happens when turning the computer off (maybe different motherboard/revision?). I don't remember BigDonkey having this issue. I will do more testing.

It only takes two warm boots to install ML. The third warm boot is with everything in place.
Generally, there is nowhere you turn the computer off during installation.

I don't remember BigDonkey having this issue.

I do have it. I just learned to live with it. It appears randomly, not sure what triggers that behavior? I will try AppleRTC.kext patch on my next install.
Interesting though, hp support for some other Probook says it's a BIOS issue and recommends upgrading to the latest one.

I do have it. I just learned to live with it. It appears randomly, not sure what triggers that behavior? I will try AppleRTC.kext patch on my next install.
Interesting though, hp support for some other Probook says it's a BIOS issue and recommends upgrading to the latest one.
Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to include the AppleRTC.kext patch in the PBI, at-least for the 4x40s, since it seems to affect everyone.

I'm using ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext for a while, no problems with it. AppleRTC can change with future updates.

Attachments

• ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext.zip
    15.9 KB · Views: 88
This works for me:
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' ~/Desktop/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back