Contribute
Register

Audio sounds like it's skipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't work for me :(
Just chiming in with a 'fix' that has worked for me. I had nearly identical issues and have tried a lot of different options.

My setup, briefly ; GA-H87n-WIFI, 4670k, R9 270x, Samsung SSD, 8gb ram, BF Prodigy.

In Multibeast, I changed the System Definition from 'Mac Pro 3,1' to 'iMac 14,2' and saved a new copy of my most stable configuration and installed.

Restarted, and wah lah, it has been nearly perfect for a few weeks now. The only time I have any sort of audio issues now is after hibernation, but that's probably a whole different issue.

I'm not really sure why it works, but it has been a huge sigh of relief for my project. Hopefully it helps someone else!

I changed to the black port on the motherboard, and set the audio to 96K, and it's stopped doing it. It also sounds better. Practically zero hum/interference, that was coming from the other one.

The 96K change definitely worked, when coupled with the change to the black port.
The whole thing is quieter, too. Practically zero hum, RF-like noise, etc. Most excellent.

This is using No DSDT, ALC892 on the GA-Z77N WiFi

Just chiming in with a 'fix' that has worked for me. I had nearly identical issues and have tried a lot of different options.

My setup, briefly ; GA-H87n-WIFI, 4670k, R9 270x, Samsung SSD, 8gb ram, BF Prodigy.

In Multibeast, I changed the System Definition from 'Mac Pro 3,1' to 'iMac 14,2' and saved a new copy of my most stable configuration and installed.

Restarted, and wah lah, it has been nearly perfect for a few weeks now. The only time I have any sort of audio issues now is after hibernation, but that's probably a whole different issue.

I'm not really sure why it works, but it has been a huge sigh of relief for my project. Hopefully it helps someone else!

A mi esto me ha funcionado perfecto para una Gigabyte GA-Z87n-wifi, el sonido ahora funciona perfecto!

For me it was a successful configuration for a Gigabyte GA-Z87n-wifi, audio is working perfect right now!

Change SMBios settings works for me in Mavericks!

Thanks!
Worked for me!
Setting Up MacPro 3.1 for a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H

Changing to 96,0 kHz worked. Thanks!

Hello everybody!

Have the same problem :(
During playing any audio sometimes gaps occurred. About 100-300 ms there are no sounds at all. Such gaps are occurred about 1 time per minute, sometimes less frequent.
I've noticed that on higher output audio frequencies the gaps occur more frequent. For example on 384kHz more frequent than on 96kHz.

macOS 10.15.2 (iMac19,1 SMBIOS)
GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Elite
Intel Core i9-9900K + 32GB RAM
Radeon RX Vega 64
USB DAC FiiO K3

- Disabling iGPU doesn't solve the problem.
- Before updating to Catalina on Mojave there were no problems at all.
- Freeing RAM lowers the frequency of breaks.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back