Contribute
Register

Audio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @MrMinimizer
I am also working on a similar system. The only difference is my board is Tif Gaming Z690 P4 . I failed to get SPDIF sound with the ALC897. All components appear but SPDIF output does not work. Can you help me ?

Hi @MrMinimizer
I am also working on a similar system. The only difference is my board is Tif Gaming Z690 P4 . I failed to get SPDIF sound with the ALC897. All components appear but SPDIF output does not work. Can you help me ?
Did you use my config?

Yes I did, but same result. ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 audio chipset is Realtek S1220A but my ASUS TUF Gaming 6790-Plus WiFi D4 audio chipset is ALC897. So this part of your EFI configuration is not fully met

Last edited:
Yes I did, but same result. ASUS TUF Gaming Z790-Plus WiFi D4 audio chipset is Realtek S1220A but my ASUS TUF Gaming 6790-Plus WiFi D4 audio chipset is ALC897. So this part of your EFI configuration is not fully met
maybe someone here will have an answer for you...

maybe someone here will have an answer for you...

Just change the part of the config.plist to match your ALC897 codec. If you check the Acidanthera/AppleALC web-page and Supported Codecs, it will list the possible values for the codec which you can use.

Code:
<key>layout-id</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>

You can either convert the decimal value to Base64 yourself or use a utility app like Opencore Configurator to do it for you.

Another way to enter the value - instead of the above - is to use the boot-argument "alcid=##" in the NVRAM/7*** section of config.plist.

@UtterDisbelief
Thank you for answer, I reviewed the Acidanthera/AppleALC web-page and tried the necessary edits. Audio input and output devices are visible but SPDIF does not sound unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back