Contribute
Register

Audio issues with Logic Pro X and Scarlett 18i8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I have this exact problem - gradual degrading of audio. Scarlett 18i8 Mavericks, when using any audio DAW, iTunes etc . Focusrite won't give any advice as it's Hackintosh :( boo

To make issues worse, I know nothing about building a hackintosh, i'm just a music producer - I bought my Hack from an italian company called ARTNOC, who are refusing to give me any customer service!!! again - boo :(

I'm hoping someone here can help. Is this link a verified fix?

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/CPU

If so, can anyone give me a step-by-step guide how to do this - for a completely new hackintosher?

I'm pulling my hair out trying different drivers, deleting kexts that people have suggested, but I have no real clue what I'm doing...

My spec is here if that helps: Chimera v4.1.0, Motherboard GA-Z97-HD3, Mavericks 10.9.5, Logic 9, I believe my Realtek is ALC888b v100302

PLEASE HELP

What smbios are you using?

Thanks again for your reply brado32. Really appreciate the interest and assistance.

The is the information in the smbios.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8843UUM5J4</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Think is my first hackintosh build so I am getting up to speed with all the components. I originally used MultiBeast to get the computer up and running before swapping over to Clover.

Does any of that help?

Here is The Solution!!

Thx for all your advice pacman! after some serious hounding of the guys at focusrite, i managed to get one of their customer support guys to look through my system reg. they told me to remove this GenericUSBXHCI.kext from the System > Library > Extensions folder

Since then everything is working perfectly!!! [...]

Thanku again Pacman, maybe your ideas help someone else. Now onto making some music again
:headbang:

Hi!

same issue here! i'm using a Mac Pro conf. with a Line6 HD pro usb device. Running Logic X or MainStage in Yosemite. So frustrating..

i don't have the GenericUSBXHCI.kext from the System > Library > Extensions folder..

Other Advices? should i try different audio driver? I'm not so confident in changing driver on my Hack, i feel like if i will take a bad choice the system will blow up..

Thanks

Thanks again for your reply brado32. Really appreciate the interest and assistance.

The is the information in the smbios.plist

Think is my first hackintosh build so I am getting up to speed with all the components. I originally used MultiBeast to get the computer up and running before swapping over to Clover.

Does any of that help?

Did you find a solution to this problem?

I am running El Capitan 10.11.6, Logic Pro X 10.2.4.

Still getting crackled, degrading audio. When I toggle the Format: in the Audio MIDI Setup utility, the audio returns to normal.

Audio is fine indefinitely if I do not run Logic Pro X. As soon as a run Logic Pro X the audio will degrade.

Hello. I just purchased a Foscusrite Scarlett 18i8 and am having the same exact problem! Distortion in Logic Pro X as well as Garage Band. Zero issues with listening to music in iTunes. I never had issues in Logic or Garage Band with my previous Focusrite Scarlett 2i4. Help! My studio session is supposed to start on Monday, December 26th. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back